Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Destraex

Freakin heck! I grabbed the mig21 and the mirage on sale. But I feel like I am collecting things I will never use :P
I really just love to support DCS and the work they are doing however. I am afraid the Tomcat will not live up to my boyhood expectations though. But I imagine take offs and landings on carriers would be a blast. Guess I need to consider the F5 freedom fighter\tiger to enable top gun missions :P
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Nefaro

Quote from: Destraex on July 18, 2017, 04:38:07 PM
Freakin heck! I grabbed the mig21 and the mirage on sale. But I feel like I am collecting things I will never use :P
I really just love to support DCS and the work they are doing however. I am afraid the Tomcat will not live up to my boyhood expectations though. But I imagine take offs and landings on carriers would be a blast. Guess I need to consider the F5 freedom fighter\tiger to enable top gun missions :P

I didn't think the Mirage 2000C was on this sale...  ???

I picked up the F-5E.  Looks like the easiest cockpit to learn.

Already had the MiG-21.  But I realized that if I was going to be doing multi-player "air quake" on the Cold War server, I wanted the flexibility of choosing of whichever side has the lower player count when I join.  Plus it looks like lots of fun without too much orientation required!

Hell.. I've played the Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft far more than I have the ones with fully modeled 'pits in MP.  I don't really need, or want, to be pushing virtual cockpit buttons.  But I do want the different aircraft & all that entails with their custom flight models and such.   :nerd:

Destraex

Mirage just got put on sale a few hours ago... the rest have been on sale for some days. So yeah. Well played DCS, well played.
As for multiplayer, heck. I have not got that far yet. I will be lucky to learn how to take off :)
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Pete Dero

https://starwayblog.wordpress.com/

2 free mods for DCS 1.5 : a complete retexturing of the existing DCS World Caucasus map  (installation with JSGME - see website for details)

version 1 = Green thunder : a south-east asian look

version 2 = Caucasus DLC : to create more modern graphics, but to also make the map more resemble this geographic region

Nefaro

Quote from: Pete Dero on August 06, 2017, 04:51:39 AM

2 free mods for DCS 1.5 : a complete retexturing of the existing DCS World Caucasus map  (installation with JSGME - see website for details)

I never tried them for fear of multi-player incompatibility.  Does it check for such texture changes?

Yskonyn

No you can safely use them.
I've been using Starway's textures for Caucasus myself for quite some time now.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Pete Dero

Quote from: Nefaro on August 06, 2017, 11:09:47 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on August 06, 2017, 04:51:39 AM

I never tried them for fear of multi-player incompatibility.  Does it check for such texture changes?

They are installed as mods using JSGME.  If there is a problem you can install, switch or remove them in less than a minute.

Nefaro

50% Off weekend sale on the following..

QuoteDCS World 1st of September Flash Sale

To celebrate Knowledge Day in Russia, we have a 50% off sale on several popular DCS World aircraft modules. This sale starts today 1500 GMT and will last until 4 September at 0900 GMT.

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3
    DCS: Combined Arms
    DCS: A-10C Warthog
    DCS: Black Shark 2
    F-15C for DCS World
    Su-27 for DCS World

Nefaro

Su-33 professional flight model was just released.

Owners of DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 and those that pre-purchased the Su-33 can now update DCS World 1.5.7 open beta and receive the updated to the Su-33!

I'd still rather have the updated MiG-29 flight model.  *taps toe*  But I guess it's better than a kick to the groin.

Also:

Flaming Cliffs 3 will be 70% OFF over the next week (starting tomorrow morning?).

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/dcs_flaming_cliffs_3/

Nefaro

Jarhead0331

I also hear Razbaam's Av8B Harrier is very close to pre-purchase and early access release. After that, it won't be long for the Hornet. Lots of good things coming to DCS!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

That is a sweeeeeet video.

My trouble with this series - and it is my problem - is buying all the modules. I mean - wth am I doing? <- that's rhetorical

These models take a fair amount of dedicated time to learn and an even longer time to learn well. I am never going to have enough time or attention span or even the memory capacity to learn all the aircraft I have currently.

I'm basically burning money and I can't stop because these models are like crack to me.
Alba gu' brath

Skoop

I'll definately take the time for the f18.  It'll become the Swiss army knife of Dcs so you'll want fly it every day because you can tackle any mission.

Nefaro

Quote from: Skoop on September 23, 2017, 11:06:31 AM
I'll definately take the time for the f18.  It'll become the Swiss army knife of Dcs so you'll want fly it every day because you can tackle any mission.

:bd: