Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 29, 2017, 01:47:29 AM
I enjoyed that post.

But where's my Harrier?  :knuppel2: ;D
Could be released today? SimHQ thinks so.

Razbam and Eagle announced that today is the release day.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 29, 2017, 07:08:22 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 29, 2017, 01:47:29 AM
I enjoyed that post.

But where's my Harrier?  :knuppel2: ;D
Could be released today? SimHQ thinks so.

Razbaam and Eagle announced that today is the release day.
O0 :notworthy:
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

well, I can't login to DCS because I forget ma shit but the Harrier is saying Buy and is sitting at $69.99 where it said Pre-Purchase before and $49.99

So I think it's out. Now just to escape work and get home  :'( - only an hour to go
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

^yup. Its out.

Try not to rage quit and come here angry when you can't get the thing of the ground in one piece!  :crazy2: I'm expecting this aircraft to be very difficult to fly safely, much less even master...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

How about I keep my impressions to myself? That suit you?   >:(
Alba gu' brath

Toonces

Only 70 bucks?  Bargain!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 29, 2017, 12:39:26 PM
How about I keep my impressions to myself? That suit you?   >:(

You're already getting angry and you haven't even played yet.  :2funny:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Toonces

May I respectfully suggest that you two wait a bit until some reviews are posted before purchasing?  Save yourselves and all of us the headache.   #:-)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

RyanE

$70 US seems like a lot for a single plane.  Considering people have heart attacks over $40 Matrix games.

When you buy a plane, does it come with scenarios, campaigns, etc.?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: RyanE on November 29, 2017, 03:47:46 PM
$70 US seems like a lot for a single plane.  Considering people have heart attacks over $40 Matrix games.

It comes with training missions typically. I don't think you can compare something of a study sim quality to a typical release from Matrix. Something like CMANO, perhaps, but FoG II, not so much. A tremendous amount of work goes into making these aircraft function, operate and look to spec.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on November 29, 2017, 03:25:57 PM
May I respectfully suggest that you two wait a bit until some reviews are posted before purchasing?  Save yourselves and all of us the headache.   #:-)

Yeah, the internet is already raging over the 1.5.8 update and a new DRM method that seems to be creating confusion.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

For clarity, the Harrier is ONLY available for the 1.5 open beta client of DCS.
This is a seperate 'public test live' kinda variant of DCS which has its own installation.

The module will be made available to 1.5 stable and 2.1 in one or two weeks according to ED. Just so you know. 👍
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Tuna

Quote from: RyanE on November 29, 2017, 03:47:46 PM

1. A PMDG for FSX or P3D would cost your more than that, and you get to blow stuff up!

2. It'll be on sale at some point.

3. You need to be serious to get one of these planes.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Toonces on November 29, 2017, 03:25:57 PM
I've already got it and don't f***ng worry - I won't post a thing

ffs
Alba gu' brath

RyanE

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 29, 2017, 04:46:10 PM
For clarity, the Harrier is ONLY available for the 1.5 open beta client of DCS.
This is a seperate 'public test live' kinda variant of DCS which has its own installation.

The module will be made available to 1.5 stable and 2.1 in one or two weeks according to ED. Just so you know. 👍

So are there three different installs of DCS?