Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbar

And how are we supposed to learn all those modules ?   :pullhair:   :))

But..but..F-4E  :bd:

Barthheart

Quote from: mbar on June 01, 2018, 01:50:27 PM

Proof that with enough thrust, even a brick can fly!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Barthheart on June 01, 2018, 01:58:25 PM

Shut your whore mouth and show some respect! The F-4E is badass!  :knuppel2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Barthheart

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 01, 2018, 02:15:07 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on June 01, 2018, 01:58:25 PM

Shut your whore mouth and show some respect! The F-4E is badass!  :knuppel2:

LOL. I agree completely, one of my favourite planes of that era.... but it's still has the aerodynamics of a brick.....

Toonces

Man, that's a bunch of Must Buys right there.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mikeck

I've played FC3 but never had the patience to learn any DCS aircraft. BUT, I might start once the AH-1 SuperCobra is out.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mikeck on June 01, 2018, 09:43:27 PM
I've played FC3 but never had the patience to learn any DCS aircraft. BUT, I might start once the AH-1 SuperCobra is out.

The AH-1S is not the SuperCobra, unfortunately. I'm pretty sure the S model is older than the SuperCobra.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

jomni

If there's that ONE plane that you will learn and fly (forever)... will it be the F/18? It's got a good balance of A-A and A-G capabilities.  I used to play a lot fo the A-10C before but it's a one trick wonder.  Then I flew the F-15, but sometimes, I want to do some ground pounding.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on June 02, 2018, 08:45:06 AM
If there's that ONE plane that you will learn and fly (forever)... will it be the F/18? It's got a good balance of A-A and A-G capabilities.  I used to play a lot fo the A-10C before but it's a one trick wonder.  Then I flew the F-15, but sometimes, I want to do some ground pounding.

Check out my last post in the F-18 thread, Jomni. The F-18 is definitely the right aircraft to invest valuable simming time in. It does it all and it is so exciting to fly.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

jomni

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 02, 2018, 08:46:48 AM
Quote from: jomni on June 02, 2018, 08:45:06 AM

Check out my last post in the F-18 thread, Jomni. The F-18 is definitely the right aircraft to invest valuable simming time in. It does it all and it is so exciting to fly.

Yes, I saw it.  I'm going to buy this soon.

mbar

Something to try if you have the MiG-21 or F-5E  :wow: :hide:

Toonces

^ HA!  That's pretty bad ass!   :notworthy:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mbar

Here is a helpful tool to visualize how the F-15C radar works. Applicable to the F/A-18, F-5E. Helped me make better sense of that square display.

https://tawdcs.org/radar-f15/

Video tutorial of tool

DoctorQuest

That is just pretty darned cool. Really would be applicable to any flight sim with a reasonably sophisticated radar model.

Nice find, mbar.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

mbar

"Between 21 June and 5 July, save 50% off on most DCS World titles from our e-Shop!"
<:-) :bd: