Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on September 27, 2018, 06:25:21 AM
Quote from: Tuna on September 27, 2018, 05:51:43 AM
Hmmm a Weekend? I think, I could get through an engine start if I worked hard at it over the weekend!  >:D

On a Su-33? 

1) Select Loadout & Fuel.

2) Press RShft+L (electrical), RAlt+Home, and RCtrl+Home (engines).  Prep'd to boogie.

:cowboy:

I'm just kidding Nef of course!.. Well not really on the F-18, I just thought it was funny that a subject that the user has to put a lot of time in to learn...
You're not having fun till your blowing stuff up, and that could be weeks away (at least in my case), took me that long with the A-10. Of course now I've forgotten everything!

Destraex

Hmmm a Weekend? I think, I could get through an engine start if I worked hard at it over the weekend!  >:D

I agree. It's not enough time to really warrant putting any effort in. But it's great to check how it runs and watch the scenery.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

I took off. Took me 20mins. Very impressive aircraft. I love touching cockpits. Clickable cockpits are sooooo nice.

JudgeDredd

There are startup guides for the F-18 that will take 15 minutes to get familiar with. A few of goes (maybe half a dozen at the very most) and you are probably good to go without the guide. Seriously, that simple.

I'm not talking about a full checklist here - but to start the bird - 15 minutes.
Alba gu' brath

Destraex

OK! I had to do it. I wanted to post screenshots.
If you're wondering. The first shot is an F18 I have ejected from. I had a lot of fun pulling all the levers that had yellow and black stripes :). Now after I ejected I went back to the external F18 camera and the wheels had come down. Is the thing going to land itself? I wondered. I did not stay around to watch. Perhaps all my knob pressing lowered the gear as well by mistake.

I grabbed this guide and was in the air from an airbase within 20mins. A mate of mine used full after burner on his first take off from an airbase and thought it was a bit rough. When he came to land (I have not landed yet) he noticed two or three of his tyres were blown. lol.
https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs-f-a-18c-hornet/

Destraex

Before quitting the game I thought I would have a quick go at landing. Guess I am a natural. Got it first time. It was magical. A little like your first surf pipe. It just feels really good. The feedback is great in this sim.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on September 27, 2018, 06:45:01 AM

On a Su-33? 

2) Press RShft+L (electrical), RAlt+Home, and RCtrl+Home (engines).  Prep'd to boogie.

I'm just kidding Nef of course!.. Well not really on the F-18, I just thought it was funny that a subject that the user has to put a lot of time in to learn...
You're not having fun till your blowing stuff up, and that could be weeks away (at least in my case), took me that long with the A-10. Of course now I've forgotten everything!

Yessir!

I wasn't going to bother learning the F-18 over a weekend because it would be too rushed getting to the juicy 'splody bits.

Would probably just take a Su-27 or J-11 Flanker to go hunting the brave Hornet noobs on multiplayer.  >:D  Although I keep getting pulled back into some Warships instead.

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on September 30, 2018, 09:08:23 AM
Quote from: Tuna on September 27, 2018, 06:45:01 AM

On a Su-33? 

Yessir!

I wasn't going to bother learning the F-18 over a weekend because it would be too rushed getting to the juicy 'splody bits.

Would probably just take a Su-27 or J-11 Flanker to go hunting the brave Hornet noobs on multiplayer.  >:D  Although I keep getting pulled back into some Warships instead.

You guys playing Warships again? I'd hop into that (though watching Pats right now - KC's gonna be awesome this year huh?)>

Toonces

I was watching YouTube and came across this video (don't ask, somehow we went from Freediving, to BUDs, to skydiving from spaceships to this...).  I thought a few of you might find this interesting.

What impressed me the most are the two first videos.

In the first one, I noticed that, although the guy is flying in full VFR conditions, he references his instruments a lot.  This is something I notice myself doing flying around the boat in different sims, but I thought it was just an artifact of not having the "feeling" of flight in a sim.  Also, notice how he has his HUD repeated on his top left MFD for quick reference....I always wondered what the point of that was.  Finally, notice his hand position on his stick.  He has his had positioned high to access his thumb switches on the approach, but the for final he slides his and down for better control? in close.  I notice that my Fighterstick is a bit large to fully grasp everything; I didn't know that fighter pilots actually moved their hands around on the HOTAS like that.

In the second video, not much more to notice except, if you want the pilot's hands, he is putting seriously aggressive inputs into the controls all the way to the deck.  It shows you how hard they're fighting the jet all the way to touch down...again, a bit surprising.  Maybe it is bad weather/strong winds, but that is a lot of control input for in close.

The other parts are interesting, but not as interesting as the first two IMO.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Destraex

The deal is here. For us in AU it's $125.19. For the Persian Gulf map, Hornet and Su33. Not sure if the Su33 is the same fidelity flight model as the hornet though.
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2018-10-01_Bundle/

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on September 30, 2018, 01:40:57 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 30, 2018, 09:08:23 AM

Yessir!

You guys playing Warships again? I'd hop into that (though watching Pats right now - KC's gonna be awesome this year huh?)>

Yes, although the Warships patronage doesn't have a lot of regularity.  Been doing a couple sessions a week. 

EDIT:  I'll notify you whenever we plan on doing a run!

And yes!   :))

Nefaro

Quote from: Destraex on October 02, 2018, 05:53:27 PM
The deal is here. For us in AU it's $125.19. For the Persian Gulf map, Hornet and Su33. Not sure if the Su33 is the same fidelity flight model as the hornet though.
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2018-10-01_Bundle/

The Su-33 is pretty much the same as the Flaming Cliffs (non-clickable 'pit) Su-27 and J-11, and comes with the FC3 package along with those.

Nefaro

Woohoooooo!!!! Hellsfokinyeah!

Finally.  Looking forward to checking out this zippy little rocket with full FM.   :coolsmiley:   One of my old favorites to fly in multiplayer since LOMAC.

Quote from: ED.. on 10 October we will release the updated MiG-29 Fulcrum for Flaming Cliffs 3! This will include a Professional Flight Model (PFM), updated cockpit, and several new cockpit system functions. This will be a FREE update for Flaming Cliffs 3 owners! For those that do not own Flaming Cliffs 3, we will also make it available as a separate purchase.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 07, 2018, 08:12:43 AM
Goodness gracious great balls of fire!!!!

http://grogheads.com/whatever/19722#more-19722

I really thought this was going to tell me it has been released or will be released soon:)