What do you do when you love a game, but suck at it?

Started by Gusington, January 12, 2020, 05:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelmsm

I'm pretty sure I don't suck at any of my games. The games are all just flawed.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: nelmsm on January 14, 2020, 10:04:02 PM
I'm pretty I don't suck at any of my games. The games are all just flawed.

Now there's the answer I was looking for... :notworthy:

Redwolf

If I had a problem with that I'd be in deep trouble.

I suck at almost all games except thankfully TacOps, maybe the original Rainbox6 and in some cases in head-to-head FPS as a sharpshooter.

Sir Slash

I am so bad at FPS's that I have killed enemies in the game by having them laugh themselves to death at me.  :buck2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FlickJax

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 15, 2020, 10:31:19 AM
I am so bad at FPS's that I have killed enemies in the game by having them laugh themselves to death at me.  :buck2:

Shotgun for you then :)

mbar

I love aircraft and aircraft stats. DCS is the game for me. Buy most modules because aircraft are cool man. Then go through a tutorial. Press Lshift + D for full flaps. Got it. Only 325 more cryptic hot key combos to get into muscle memory.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

Quote from: mbar on January 15, 2020, 12:50:17 PM
I love aircraft and aircraft stats. DCS is the game for me. Buy most modules because aircraft are cool man. Then go through a tutorial. Press Lshift + D for full flaps. Got it. Only 325 more cryptic hot key combos to get into muscle memory.

That's why you should buy a Stream Deck. 32 lit mini-lcd screens that function as a pushbutton and can be configured (and labelled) any way you'd like.
I have whole copies of aircraft panels displayed on it so I don't have to remember what each hotkey is, but I can just push a button that has a visual representation of the switch in the cockpit I need. All old men NEED this device, I tell you! :coolsmiley:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Skoop

^ That's sounds great might have to grab one off amazon.  Also been eyeing the capto gloves that can be used with or with out VR in Dcs for working the clickable cockpit functions with hand gestures instead of a mouse.

Gusington

Yskonyn I demand to know how old you are immediately.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mbar

Quote from: Yskonyn on January 15, 2020, 02:57:10 PM
Quote from: mbar on January 15, 2020, 12:50:17 PM

That's why you should buy a Stream Deck. 32 lit mini-lcd screens that function as a pushbutton and can be configured (and labelled) any way you'd like.
I have whole copies of aircraft panels displayed on it so I don't have to remember what each hotkey is, but I can just push a button that has a visual representation of the switch in the cockpit I need. All old men NEED this device, I tell you! :coolsmiley:

I took a look. I'm intrigued!

Yskonyn

Quote from: Gusington on January 15, 2020, 06:30:22 PM
Yskonyn I demand to know how old you are immediately.

I am closer to 100 than I was 10 years ago.  L:-)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Sir Slash

That's the best answer I've heard in the last 10 years.  O0