Main Menu

American FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, July 03, 2020, 06:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoncop

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 03, 2020, 04:59:29 PM
Quote from: Lotti Fuehrscheim on July 03, 2020, 03:52:13 PM

I am afraid I have moved my identity to the past and regard modern nationalism as a harmful folly  :tickedoff:

Ah...an admitted globalist.

We promise not to judge you. I can understand though why you think things are looking hostile. Afterall, the US is no longer paying the total bill for Europe's defense, protecting it from Russian aggression free of charge, or taking it in the rear from unfavorable trade agreements.  O:-) >:D O0 :-" :bd:

Speaking as a Brit.

+100 to that Sir.

Happy (belated) Independence Day to our former colonies. You still have much to be proud of despite what the naysayers may claim. :clap: :clap:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

WYBaugh

One of my favorite albums:

Gusington

For The Dawg of Metal and Sir Slash, a new, easier to use installer for Stainless Steel 6.4 for Medieval 2: Total War that is also Steam compatible:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?805683

I am reinstalling the game right now and testing out the new pack too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ubercat

I am afraid I have moved my identity to the past and regard modern nationalism as a harmful folly  :tickedoff:

We promise not to judge you. I can understand though why you think things are looking hostile. Afterall, the US is no longer paying the total bill for Europe's defense, protecting it from Russian aggression free of charge, or taking it in the rear from unfavorable trade agreements.  O:-) >:D O0 :-" :bd:

One thing you can say for the Russians, and the Chinese for that matter, they don't waste time on self loathing like so many in the west. Our rivals may be awful in many ways but they're smart enough not to cut their own throats.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Father Ted

Not much up on political jargon, but it seems to me he's the opposite of a globalist -  he appears to be hankering for a time when nations were often tiny.

Anyhoo, I have been playing/will play Shadow Empire (still on my first game) and IL2:FC multiplayer.  Oh and I picked up Doom II in the Steam sale.  It was my first experience of FPS on my first PC. Those graphics and sounds are just so etched into my memory that booting it up was a real head-trip.

Anguille

Can we stop with politics please. There is s forum for that crap. Thanks.

Gusington

For anyone interested, the Stainless Steel version I posted above worked without issue. Took about 20 minutes.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on July 05, 2020, 01:01:36 PM
For anyone interested, the Stainless Steel version I posted above worked without issue. Took about 20 minutes.
20 minutes to install?

I've become very lazy...i wish i could have someone come to my house and install these mods. That or an auto-install.  ::)

Gusington

20 minutes total to download, install and test. It's a huge mod. I also had to reinstall Medieval 2 from Steam.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Quote from: Gusington on July 05, 2020, 12:30:32 PM
For The Dawg of Metal and Sir Slash, a new, easier to use installer for Stainless Steel 6.4 for Medieval 2: Total War that is also Steam compatible:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?805683

I am reinstalling the game right now and testing out the new pack too.

Thank you, sir!  Never played any mods.  This will be neat!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

O0

If you like this and are interested in medieval and renaissance Muslim culture, try out the latest version of Broken Crescent for Medieval 2 as well.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Now all I need is for you to find an eazy squeezy Third Age mod link and I'd be in heaven!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I like Stainless Steel except for, so many factions to play, I want to play them ALL.  :D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Check out Broken Crescent too...some very interesting factions there.

The only reason I am not still playing these mods is because of newer ones that I have yet to try on the same era but made with newer game engines, like 1212 for Attila: TW.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd