Wings Over Flanders Fields V2.0 - Coming Soon

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 22, 2014, 07:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Heh.  Methinks you might be Missing Cat on RockPaperShotgun, RyanE!

"Yes! I have played Dawn Patrol and what a wonderful little sim it still is! A very nicely done, timeless interactive history book. There is one essential feature it actually shares with the sublime Rise of Flight that's sorely lacking in WOFF though: a film room / flight recorder. All the best flight sims *must* have a basic flight recorder for debriefing. Subsequently, since WOFF doesn't have any means of recording our missions other than what we see on the screen in front of us, WOFF is simply too overpriced. All those beautiful camera views are effectively useless since we are forced to use them in "real time". The janky, decades old Microsoft CFS3 engine is ugly enough, but without a flight recorder to archive and document epic missions throughout our careers it feels a bit too fleeting, empty and shallow. Sadly, the idiot backers and pensioners who continue selling WOFF at extortionate prices will probably never lower the cost to a proper reasonable level to reflect it's true value. They stubbornly and steadfastly blindly doom a hugely competent and very well made (albeit lacking) sim to obscurity. Thankfully, Rise of Flight is truly worth every penny. The movie recorder mode is one of the best flight recorders ever made; arguably THE most powerful and accurate tool in any simulator to date. After spending more hours in the movie mode reviewing flights than actually flying campaigns, WOFF feels dreadfully basic, empty and not too fun in comparison."
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

RyanE

I am confused...didn't I say right up front it was my fault for not asking the right questions?  I'll have to go back.  Maybe I forgot it.

RyanE

I checked...I did say that.  So what was the point of the post?

Toonces

I guess the point is that I'm surprised your due diligence didn't turn up these shortcomings.  You admit that it's your own fault, but still.

More importantly, though, since you're in for a hundred clams at this point, I hope you'll give the game another chance to grow on you.  It's a remarkable piece of software.  I mean, you already own it.  I certainly understand being disappointed with software that isn't what you wanted, but I hope you'll try again and see if it grows on you understanding its strengths, i.e. the campaign. 

Anyway, no offense, and good luck.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Apologies for bringing back this dead thread...I am looking at picking up the Ilya Maromets campaign for RoF. I'm curious if there are any Eastern Front campaigns available for WOFF. From my poking around I don't see any, but maybe there's some Eastern Front WOFF mod I don't know about? Thanks guys.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

WallysWorld

No Eastern Front mods for WOFF UE that I know of. Plenty of other mods available, but not Eastern Front.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Gusington

That was quick...thanks WW! So my only real option for a WWI Eastern Front campaign is RoF then.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd