Shooter Games with Political Themes

Started by DicedT, September 18, 2012, 08:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DicedT

Now that I got the Xbox (and assuming I keep the contraption), what shooter games have the most relevance to current political events? I'm trying Gears of War 2. Doesn't exactly relate to current international relations.

Michael

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

DicedT

I was thinking of that one. Maybe a better way to ask is, what games have a reasonably plausible connection to current events instead of a fig leaf of a plot?

Michael

Jarhead0331

Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter 1 and 2?  Really, the Tom Clancy games are the closest you are going to get with modern political conflicts, although their plausibility varies.  I take back Future Soldier as a suggestion, as it is a third-person shooter...not a true FPS (although there is a sights mode that is FPS).  I could make a few other third-person shooter suggestions, but really the GR titles are the closest thing to what you are seeking.  There are also the Operation Flashpoint games, but I bought them all on the PC...they are out there on the 360 though.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers