2015 Grogheads Fantasy Football Leagues

Started by Bison, July 24, 2015, 08:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

I have Commish rights for the Pro, not the Rookie.  I set the keepers for me again.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

OK I've set everyone's keepers to the draft. 

Con I had to adjust your keepers based on what you placed here.  You had three players as keepers and Matt Ryan wasn't one of them.  I've adjusted your keepers to Matt Ryan and that Gostkowski.  If this is incorrect, I'll need to know before Saturday afternoon.

KBYZ - I saw your keepers in the league not sure why not updating.  Gronkowski - 5th Round and Charles - 1st round

MetalDog

Bison, I'm seeing with both leagues that it's telling us there has to be 12 teams in order to start the draft.  Haven't looked for how to fix that.  Don't have time at the moment.

Bison

No it''s the max size for a league to draft.  You HAVE to have an even number of teams.

Bison

Rookie League -  I'll be hitting the ready to draft button tomorrow evening, so I'd expect teams to be drafted no later than Monday.  Sometimes it takes longer if Yahoo is swamped, but that's a pretty rare event.  Anyway set your draft rankings before tomorrow evening.  I'm not even sure anyone reads this thread for the rookie league outside of some Canadian and elephant fetish boy.

Pro League - Every thing is set to go for the live draft to kick off at 7 PM Central on 5 September.  That's tomorrow and I'm sorry I didn't realize it was a holiday weekend.

Steelgrave

^Just means there will be drunken picks. Could liven things up quite a bit!   O0

BanzaiCat

I'm debating the merits of letting autodraft select my team as opposed to me screwing it up directly.

Steelgrave

Or play a drinking game as you draft....start off with two shots, then take a shot every pick  >:D

Alternatively, take a shot everytime a Cowboy is drafted  O0

It must be the weekend, given that my last two posts have mentioned drinking!  Toonces should draft a team!

Marty Ward

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on September 04, 2015, 09:55:54 AM
I'm debating the merits of letting autodraft select my team as opposed to me screwing it up directly.

That's my philosophy too, can't blame yourself for picks you didn't make. And after all, aren't the rankings made by the 'experts'? They couldn't possibly be wrong right? :)
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Bison

You'd miss out on metal dog bragging about his every pick.

I honestly think drafting is the best part of a keeper league.

BanzaiCat

Oh the drafting part IS indeed the best time of the year. So much potential, so many possibilities, so few inklings into potential disasters...

But in all honesty, 'live' drafts with friends is the best way to go. I haven't done one of those in 15+ years, but that's always the best way to do it, with a draft board and everything.

Steelgrave

Ditto to the last two posts. I love to draft. Playing Owner/GM is the fun part.

BanzaiCat

I'm just generally tired of sucking at Fantasy Football. I've played since 1988 and gone to a championship one time. Been close many times, but the other guy always does better, or my team's injuries become ridiculous and unmanageable.

Then again - I've never gone whole hog into research, except back in the day when Cliff Charpentier was pretty much the only source for Fantasy Football information. Since then some guys go nuts on the research, and I just can't motivate myself to get that deeply into the numbers, especially when chance and luck factors into it so heavily (at least, for me).

MetalDog

Quote from: Bison on September 04, 2015, 10:53:15 AM

Says the man who's self esteem is tied to winning fake football "championships."  Must be the Vikings fan in you.  Their shortcomings are wiped out by your winning "championships."

I am that guy that puts a lot of effort in to research.  It's paid off many times over the years.  Literally and figuratively.

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on September 04, 2015, 05:49:35 PM
Quote from: Bison on September 04, 2015, 10:53:15 AM

Says the man who's self esteem is tied to winning fake football "championships."  Must be the Vikings fan in you.  Their shortcomings are wiped out by your winning "championships."

I am that guy that puts a lot of effort in to research.  It's paid off many times over the years.  Literally and figuratively.

Whatever buttercup.  As long as you fulfill your promise and take ROMO!!! with your available pick it'll be ok.