2015 Grogheads Fantasy Football Leagues

Started by Bison, July 24, 2015, 08:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

Bison, I don't know if you can still change it, but, I just looked at the schedules for a couple of teams in the Pro League.  You will play two or three teams, three times each and then one against the guys in the other division.  Or something like that.  Seems mighty unfair to play someone three times in a season.

Bison

Huh...I'll have to look at it, but I think it sort of randomizes the schedule.  I know it won't be a 2 game series for every opponent due to the number of weeks. 

Bison

I'll have to look at it.  It'll be a schedule I'll have to create.  I think the way it was done is 3 X Division and 1 X Non-Division for 13 games.  Then I hit the reschedule button and it just randomized the schedule completely working still within the 3 vs 1 team and 1 game vs 1 another team concept.

It's too late to think about it right now but I'll do it sometime this weekend.

MetalDog

The problem is we can't take a Bye Week ;)  It's 2 x your division = 6 and 2 x the other division = 8.  One too many games for our 13 week season, but, 3 x your division and 1 x the other just seems wrong.  Best I can come up with is 2 x your division and 2 x the other - a random team from the other division.  Not satisfactory, but, what else is there?

Arctic Blast

Was a lot of fun, even though I didn't get home until it was the 4th or 5th round.

Con

MetalDog

Marty Ward

This is why I auto-draft. According to the experts I had the best draft in the pro league. In one's I have actually done live a C- is considered an amazing success for me!

I hope those experts are right :)
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

BanzaiCat

QuoteDraft Summary
Well, a bad draft position led to an even worse draft. Picking fifth overall, Wild E's Coyotes is projected to land in eighth place in Grogheads Pro League with a record of 3-10-0 (1,519 points). They used a conservative plan early to fill out their lineup, selecting QB Aaron Rodgers (12th overall), RBs C.J. Anderson (5th) and Frank Gore (28th), and WRs Jordan Matthews (21st) and DeSean Jackson (37th). They built the worst group of WRs in the league, as they have Keenan Allen, Matthews, Jackson, and Anquan Boldin for their rotation.

I have no doubt they're right. But must they be so harsh? Jeez.

Bison

The WORST group of WRs...hahaha...harsh, man, harsh!

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on September 06, 2015, 12:35:04 AM
The problem is we can't take a Bye Week ;)  It's 2 x your division = 6 and 2 x the other division = 8.  One too many games for our 13 week season, but, 3 x your division and 1 x the other just seems wrong.  Best I can come up with is 2 x your division and 2 x the other - a random team from the other division.  Not satisfactory, but, what else is there?

Why are you fucking winking at me?  Good grief...you picked up Romo for that shit.

It'll end up being 6 games versus Division and 7 versus non-Division.  Just need to draft up a schedule so I set it up.

MetalDog

The Rookie League needs a schedule revamp, too.  I'll have time to do it for you later today, if you want ;)

Con

How does a balanced approach net me a B-.  I think Ryan is a good middle of the road QB Atlanta is going to throw more than they run and I took Bridgewater as a sleeper if the Vikings take off.  Bloody experts all picked Brady to be serving 4 game suspension this week as well so what do they know! :))

QuoteBaconExplosion isn't the best team in the league, but they aren't the worst, and there is something to be said for that. After selecting fourth overall, they are projected to finish in fifth in Grogheads Pro League at 5-8-0 (1,551 points). They went with a balanced approach early, selecting QB Matt Ryan (36th overall), RB Le'Veon Bell (4th), WR Brandin Cooks (20th), and TE Jimmy Graham (13th) within the first five rounds. They landed the lowest-scoring QB combo in the league, as they have Ryan and Teddy Bridgewater on the roster.