Age of Steam game

Started by rstites25, March 26, 2017, 12:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

egg_salad

Quote from: Woodall on May 10, 2017, 12:49:37 AM
I think 1830 is quite relaxed compared to 1849. We didn't really finish, btw. We started and that one fellow ditched us mid-game without a word.

Crap, I don't remember that.
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

Woodall

l'amour

My income is growing at the same rate as my expenses so I'll issue 0 shares and try to get a bit of a gap between in and out. You can also take this as a pass in the turn order bidding.

Woodall

I think I'll decline to issue a share. No idea what my plans are, but I have a few options, I imagine.

egg_salad

Quote from: rstites25 on May 10, 2017, 09:46:45 AM
Quote from: egg_salad on May 10, 2017, 08:19:15 AM

Crap, I don't remember that.

We still use that thread periodically to setup other games.  :-"

It must have been because we had already started other games when we called the death sentence on the 1830 game. 

It was not long ago, for crapsakes.  Memory is the 2nd thing to go, I guess.  And don't ask me what is first, because I forgot it.

I am trying to decide what to do with shares as AoS slaps me around like a 2 cent you know what.

rstites25

If anyone is interested in getting a copy of Rolling Stock, ArtsCow has a deal where you can get 3 custom printed decks of cards for ~$18, which basically what you need for RS. Someone has already uploaded the files to ArtsCow, so it's just a matter of printing them.

It's how I got my physical copy and it works really well. All you need to do is print out the rules and come up with something to mark Synergies (cubes, or whatever)

Link

Woodall

Is there a link to the cards? I might grab this, imagine it'd play better and faster IRL and I enjoyed our games, even if I failed to pay attention when it mattered in all three games. :)

egg_salad

Alright, I think I will do one share.

egg_salad

Quote from: Woodall on May 10, 2017, 12:31:10 PM
Is there a link to the cards? I might grab this, imagine it'd play better and faster IRL and I enjoyed our games, even if I failed to pay attention when it mattered in all three games. :)

http://www.artscow.com/gallery/card/rolling-stock-xo71739u0rei
http://www.artscow.com/gallery/card/rolling-stock-ii-2m4bdkqo2i5y
http://www.artscow.com/gallery/card/rolling-stock-iii-tkticrrn079v

egg_salad

FYI, I don't think the coupon works with the full custom card decks.  Seems like it only applies to the deck that has 1 common back image only.

rstites25

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up.  :(

rstites25

Cash + $ from Issued Shares = Current $

Rex: $5 + $5 = $10
Mike: $2 + $5 = $7
l'amour: $0 + 0 = $0
Woodall: $2 +  $0 = $2

Bid order is: Rex, l'amour, Woodall, Mike

I'll bid $2. l'amour has to pass (4th in new turn order), as does Woodall (3rd in new turn order)

Mike is up to bid.

egg_salad

For $0, I go 2nd?  Sounds good to me.

Woodall

That unnecessary share continues to haunt me - $1 changes everything!