"Chewie...We're Home."

Started by Gusington, April 16, 2015, 05:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Yes her days of fleshy bikinis are long gone.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Con

That wookie barely looks a day over 30.......how does Chewie do it

Con

BanzaiCat

She was looking pretty hot up until sometime around Soap Dish. I remember thinking :o ^-^ when I saw her in that movie.

Con, I think they used the same CGI effects on Chewie as they did on Harrison.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Gusington on April 17, 2015, 07:51:32 AM
Yes her days of fleshy bikinis are long gone.

oh, there would be plenty of flesh if she were in a bikini today
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

Sir Slash

I think Chewie uses "Just For Wookies" to keep the grey out and does a comb-over. A really big comb-over.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Meh.  I'm feeling pretty ambivalent at this point. 

It's not even Jar-Jar Abrams' fault (this time).  I'm admittedly still butt-hurt over all the Expanded Universe novels being thrown out the airlock as being "non-canon"; it's going to be a long time before I'm ready to get over that.  >:( 

(Like my shirt says, "Zahn wrote first"!!) 

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 16, 2015, 07:46:51 PM
Some co-workers went to nerdcon here in Vancouver a few weeks ago and got their photos with Carrie Fisher.  She looks like a crazy lady who hangs out in a convenience store all day playing Keno.  Did not age well....
I heard she had a stroke several years back.  If true, I imagine that affected her in the looks department. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Sir Slash

In this film, when Leila says to Han, "I love you", Han says back, "Ehhh. What'd you say? I can't hear a damned thing you're saying. You know you're on my bad side don't you?" And then,"Somebody get those damned kids off the Millenium Falcon" as his dentures slip. Seriously, folks this stuff writes itself. :-X
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Quote from: Martok on April 17, 2015, 02:03:24 PM
Meh.  I'm feeling pretty ambivalent at this point. 

It's not even Jar-Jar Abrams' fault (this time).  I'm admittedly still butt-hurt over all the Expanded Universe novels being thrown out the airlock as being "non-canon"; it's going to be a long time before I'm ready to get over that.  >:( 

(Like my shirt says, "Zahn wrote first"!!) 

A thought occurred to me after reading your comment.  Zahn was probably thrown out the airlock so that all the profit money from the new movie can go straight into JJ's pocket and he doesn't have to pay Zahn royalties.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

BanzaiCat

It's about the money. Not fan loyalty. Money.

They're still going to have the highest-grossing movie in history when this hits theaters at Christmas, canon or non-canon.

Throwing the novels out is disgusting, as it has shaped the opinion and story of the Star Wars universe for decades. Basically, a reboot, and I can't stand that shite.

bbmike

Hmm, sounds like what happened to my favorite SF show...
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MetalDog

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 17, 2015, 04:33:34 PM
It's about the money. Not fan loyalty. Money.

They're still going to have the highest-grossing movie in history when this hits theaters at Christmas, canon or non-canon.

Throwing the novels out is disgusting, as it has shaped the opinion and story of the Star Wars universe for decades. Basically, a reboot, and I can't stand that shite.

I get the nerd rage about the books not being considered canon.  I worked at a bookstore at the time Zahn's novels first came out and they were instant classics.  Having said that, I didn't read any of them, so, the movie is going to do for me what it won't do for you.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bbmike

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 17, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
Spongebob?

Yes, Spongebob. When they made his pet snail Gary bark like a dog in the reboot instead of meow like a cat I was devastated. And we all know Spongebob is yellow and not brown! Damn that Jar Jar Abrams!  :knuppel2:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Quote from: MetalDog on April 17, 2015, 05:38:27 PM
I worked at a bookstore at the time Zahn's novels first came out and they were instant classics. 

You're getting me wrong. There's hundreds of books that have established canon over the years - storylines, intertwined plots, descendants of the original characters, long and well-thought character development...most of which I have not read. I've read the Zahn books and some of the Rogue Squadron books, but otherwise, nothin'. I'm going to see the movie, alright. It just worries me a bit that they're ignoring that canon. That could mean another movie with lots of explosions and action and very little substance. Or it could be the most beautiful thing on the big screen, ever. I'm hoping for the latter.

I worked at Waldenbooks when Zahn's first book came out, so I'm right there. You should read them, even if they're not being considered part of Mortimer Mouse's canon.  O0