Main Menu

Popular FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, September 04, 2020, 06:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

NSFW: language

So it's a long weekend here in the States.  Monday is Labor Day, the unofficial end to summer.  Covid will put the kibosh on most traditional celebrations, but, I hope you at least have a beer and a brat to acknowledge the passing of summer.  It's also the weekend before the NFL kicks off and a lot of fantasy football drafts will be held.  I have one online Sunday night and another Tuesday night.  As far as gaming, there will be some Civ IV mp, including teaching a neophyte the finer points of the game, I will duel in the Arena, and explore some more of Pillars of Eternity.  I wish you happy gaming my Groggies!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Rayfer

MD...I usually like your song choices but this one, well, let's just say not so much.   :-[     Playing more Grand Tactician Civil War this weekend.  Recent updates have fixed many of the early-access release issues.

Gusington

Ouch - denied by the Ray man, as Clyde Frazier would say.

Will be going further into Aragami, which I really like and playing a Japanese campaign of AoEII against the Chinese and Koreans to feel better about my loss this week in Rise of the Samurai.

And as the seasons change, so does the gaming - Divinity: Original Sin 2, The Witcher 2, TW: Warhammer, and Outlast are beckoning.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Should be able to get some good grilling in, weather looking good in Jersey.

Continue working on my deck project and maybe some cardboard gaming with my kids.

On the digital side continuing my Shadow Empire, Witcher 3 and Fire Emblem Three Houses games.
Insert witty comment here.

W8taminute

Quote from: Rayfer on September 04, 2020, 06:52:04 AM
...   Playing more Grand Tactician Civil War this weekend.  Recent updates have fixed many of the early-access release issues.

I haven't touched this game in a week.  Has it really shaped up a bit since the EA release?

Not sure what I'll be playing this weekend but I do plan on playing the usual round or two of Heroes & Generals.  I've also got a Dominions 5 PBEM going on with some of my fellow grogs.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Dammit Carl!

Lordy, I've no idea what I'll be puttering around with.   :-\

Rayfer

Quote from: W8taminute on September 04, 2020, 07:46:48 AM
...   Playing more Grand Tactician Civil War this weekend.  Recent updates have fixed many of the early-access release issues.

I haven't touched this game in a week.  Has it really shaped up a bit since the EA release?

The 1861 start campaign plays significantly better now.  I got to early June (if I remember correctly it starts in late February, 1861) and will continue to see how it plays out.  Recruiting brigades and building armies is a much slower process, more realistic.  For example, you can no longer build a 40K+ army in the East to threaten Richmond by mid-March, 1861.  The naval/fleet game still needs more work and there are bugs in assigning, reassigning and transferring generals between armies.

W8taminute

Quote from: Rayfer on September 04, 2020, 08:18:30 AM

The 1861 start campaign plays significantly better now.  I got to early June (if I remember correctly it starts in late February, 1861) and will continue to see how it plays out.  Recruiting brigades and building armies is a much slower process, more realistic.  For example, you can no longer build a 40K+ army in the East to threaten Richmond by mid-March, 1861.  The naval/fleet game still needs more work and there are bugs in assigning, reassigning and transferring generals between armies.

That sounds great.  I'll try it again with my existing 1961 campaign but I bet I will have to restart a new 1961 campaign to see the fixes take affect.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Rayfer

Quote from: W8taminute on September 04, 2020, 10:06:46 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on September 04, 2020, 08:18:30 AM

That sounds great.  I'll try it again with my existing 1961 campaign but I bet I will have to restart a new 1961 campaign to see the fixes take affect.

EDIT:  I got into late June.  The 1861 campaign is still badly broken.  Walk into Richmond via Alexandria and Fredericksburg and never encountered one Reb army.

al_infierno

Falling in Reverse.... I remember seeing them at some festival where I went to catch Slayer and Tool.  These dudes were one of the earlier bands on the bill, and all I really remember about them is breakdowns.  Breakdowns, breakdowns, and more breakdowns.  Breakdowns within breakdowns.  Blegh.  Give me riffs, not chugs.   8)  (Actually, come to think of it, maybe the band was Motionless in White?  I dunno, these metalcore bands tend to blur together for me...)

Anyways, this weekend I'll be switching between Wasteland 3, Crusader Kings 3, Dominions 5 multiplayer, and maybe some Killing Floor 2 to mix it up a bit.  Also, I just rewatched Kingdom of Heaven to hype myself up for the CK3 release.  Long as hell film, but damn it's good.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

^Love me some Kingdom of Heaven. I'll watch anything that Jeremy Irons is in. He could be reading the menu at Denny's and make it compelling.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

@ Ray and al, re: Falling In Reverse:  I didn't like the song when they first started playing it around here.  Just seemed like another of the new genre of songs that are similar in some way, put out by similarly interchangeable bands.  Then it started to grow on me.  Hadn't seen the video before last night.  Thought it was a pretty neat little mini movie.  I'll try again next week and see if I can tickle the musical taste buds of the Grog collective.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MengJiao

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on September 04, 2020, 08:09:48 AM
Lordy, I've no idea what I'll be puttering around with.   :-\

I have an idea or two and I really think I ought to try to play some of the things everybody else is playing.  Crusader Kings III, maybe?  Someday?  But meanwhile HLL, boardgames, Clod Tobruk, Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal (CB4G?)...

Dammit Carl!

Welp.  With a guest taking over the guest/computer room for the long weekend, seems I'm stuck with the ol' lappy.  So, Tiller's Campaign series and Rocksmith it is, then!

Gusington

Your pc is in the guest room?? Fatal error.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd