Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 13, 2015, 06:41:08 PM
Nefaro are you finding that premium play is giving you preferential match making?

Premium probably gives you a lot more 'cash' when you get to the later tier ships. I'm finding I have the 'research' points to go to tier VI, but I am way short on cash to buy any ships.

steve58

Just experienced my first negative incident with WoWS.  Had a player (HeavyDrinker90211 >:() start fragging/attacking the rest of the team.  We still won, and I suspect it was just some stupid kid, but still ticked me off.  Glad to have found that there are tools in place to penalize these idiots...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Windigo

Quote from: Greybriar on September 09, 2015, 12:29:36 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 08, 2015, 11:24:47 PM
I like the cat and mouse of getting behind the lines and nailing carriers and battleships.

Yes indeed! It felt great when I slipped my destroyer past the enemy team's defenses and sank a carrier today.

As a carrier buff, I officially hate you!    :2funny:
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Nefaro

Quote from: steve58 on September 17, 2015, 03:10:25 PM
Just experienced my first negative incident with WoWS.  Had a player (HeavyDrinker90211 >:() start fragging/attacking the rest of the team.  We still won, and I suspect it was just some stupid kid, but still ticked me off.  Glad to have found that there are tools in place to penalize these idiots...

I believe there is a hard TK limit where the account gets briefly suspended for review.  Not sure what that is, or whether that's even implemented in WoWS but I recall reading something about it.  May have been something they had in WoT though.

Dread Rlyeh

Quote from: Nefaro on September 17, 2015, 05:34:55 PM
Quote from: steve58 on September 17, 2015, 03:10:25 PM

I believe there is a hard TK limit where the account gets briefly suspended for review.  Not sure what that is, or whether that's even implemented in WoWS but I recall reading something about it.  May have been something they had in WoT though.
I presume there is some sort of escalation.  Initially TKers turn pink and I think the threshold is low.  I've seen a few who were instantly berated at the start of the match and responded something along the lines of "guy ran into my torps" or "I bumped some guy, he shot me, I finished him off".  I don't think it takes much to trip the initial flag.

I'm guessing if you continue to TK while in "the danger zone" that some action is taken.  Thankfully I haven't seen much in the way of TKing outside of poorly launched torpedoes which are usually followed by an announcement or apology in chat.   

steve58

Saw a "Pinko" this afternoon and he responded as you say, but this kid was just a total pr*ck...ragged everyone and tried to kill all his teammates.  Just yesterday, I torp'ed a teammate (my 1st Green kill :() due to bad judgement on both our parts.  Both of us shrugged it off as fortunes of "war".  Hope this a** gets total banned...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Nefaro

Some of the carriers in the Tier 8 - 10 matches will F you up. 

They can sail about as fast as you can.  So when you're chasing them, they actually pull ahead because you have to constantly zig-zag to avoid their massive hordes of bombers constantly dropping on you. 

My last two attacks on Tier 9+ CVs with my Tier 8 Fubuki eventually ended in death, without doing a lot of damage.  Due to this prolonged onslaught and the inability to get close enough for a reliable torpedo shot.   :-\  It's a whole 'nutha level at that point.

Windigo

I dont have a lot of time for WoWs, so I am a lowly T5.... 18 knots at topspeed.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Nefaro

Quote from: Windigo on September 18, 2015, 09:36:02 AM
I dont have a lot of time for WoWs, so I am a lowly T5.... 18 knots at topspeed.

Have the crew get out and push.  Hopefully it's not going uphill.  :))

jamus34

I'm only at the TN level ( total noob) anyone want to take me under the wing so I don't suck?
Insert witty comment here.

Nefaro

Quote from: jamus34 on September 18, 2015, 02:52:22 PM
I'm only at the TN level ( total noob) anyone want to take me under the wing so I don't suck?

What ship Tier are you currently sailing?

I sold off most (all?) of my ships under Tier 5.  Teaming up with people separated by more than one tier can be overly punishing to the lower-tiered player due to the way the matchmaker works (plus hamstringing the whole team) so we try to keep things the same Tier, or one away at most. 

Didn't really get into it until I hit Tier 4 and higher, when the wider variety of gameplay opened up & became more distinguishable.  Fortunately it didn't take too long to get there, but a bit longer than some may have tried.

Any of you who wants to join our Squadron games - feel free to add me to your friends list (NefariousK). 

The Squadrons are limited to three players at a time, and only one can be a CV.  So be aware that we often have a full group in the evening, and may need to start forming two when we have 5+ looking to do so (practically there as it is).  Leave your WoWS handle if you're up for it, so we can also add you to our friends lists.

In the meantime, there are some good YT vids that can teach you some of WoWS' Meta. 

I recommend checking Notser's World Of Warships vids.  He's good, knows the game well, and describes it all to you quite clearly in his commentary as he's playing.  Should probably start somewhere in his earlier ones, from a month or two ago, and move up.  There are some basic rules you should follow (don't show your full broadside to BBs and CAs that can cause big AP hits on you, anticipate torpedo launches from DDs, etc), but there is also some strategy/style required that is gleaned by experience or learning from an experienced player.   :) 

Anyway, check them out to see how a good player does it smart:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrNotser/videos

jamus34

OK so I played all last night. Some things I didn't know.
1) you don't have to stay in game if you get blowed up. Go back to lobby pick a new ship and get right back in there.
2) the tier 2 ships are possibly worse than the tier 1. A ten second reload time sucks. I know there's a lot of factors but reload time seems to be king.
3) torpedoes wreck your day. Letting a destroyer get into knife fight range is pretty much a death sentence at least at low tiers.
So those are my thoughts from last night
Insert witty comment here.

Tuna

Quote from: jamus34 on September 19, 2015, 05:53:50 AM
OK so I played all last night. Some things I didn't know.
1) you don't have to stay in game if you get blowed up. Go back to lobby pick a new ship and get right back in there.
2) the tier 2 ships are possibly worse than the tier 1. A ten second reload time sucks. I know there's a lot of factors but reload time seems to be king.
3) torpedoes wreck your day. Letting a destroyer get into knife fight range is pretty much a death sentence at least at low tiers.
So those are my thoughts from last night

Nice to be able to leave you want to..

It's easy to get past tier 2

Only the Japanese torps are long range.. Americans have to get within visibility range to launch... American's have much better guns.. .. Bottom line, if you're not a DD, then DD's when visible are the top target!

GDS_Starfury

I just got into a knife fight with 3 DDs while driving my Cleveland.  even though I took 2 torpedo hits I sank 2 and a teammate got the 3rd one.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.