Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Ze upcoming German Crooozah line info vuz released:

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/german-cruisers-tech-tree/

Odd..
Check out the pic of the Tier X Hindenburg cruiser on that page.   Notice anything.. out of place on it?   ???

Dread Rlyeh

Quote from: Nefaro on October 01, 2015, 10:59:03 AM
Quote from: Dread Rlyeh on October 01, 2015, 01:19:54 AM
If you don't already have Superintendent for your BBs, I highly recommend getting it.  I've popped the 4th repair party a number of times and it's even won a couple games for me.  Have fun with the Tirpitz.

Superintendent is especially good for Tirpitz' BB "heals".  I've regularly got use out of the extra one with it, since the thing is so difficult to Citadel and lasts to the end most games.  I also tend to take that Captain skill with my DDs too - because Smokescreen and Speed.
Same here.  I also took it for my IJN cruiser line... perhaps because early on I thought the cruiser heal was T8.  I'm going to have to repec when I get the Ibuki anyway.  Ug, so nothing like 7 tiers of a non-used skill when I could have had high alert.  Oops.  The float-fighter cycle is so long and I'm usually saving it for emergency TB panic or scouting - I barely use 2 a game. 

AchillesLastStand

Just upgraded to the Cleveland and wow I just cant get to the arc and drops of the shots at long distance.

GDS_Starfury

get the Fire Control System for accuracy and ripple fire instead of salvos to walk your shells onto target.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Kushan

If you don't already have Superintendent for your BBs, I highly recommend getting it.  I've popped the 4th repair party a number of times and it's even won a couple games for me.  Have fun with the Tirpitz.

With everyone driving Tirpitzs, most with no clue what their doing, its not really worth playing it right now. Better off as anything but a BB, especially a DD or a CV with a strike loadout.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on October 02, 2015, 07:57:35 AM

With everyone driving Tirpitzs, most with no clue what their doing, its not really worth playing it right now. Better off as anything but a BB, especially a DD or a CV with a strike loadout.

I've had some great games in my Tirpitz, even in matches with many others. 

It may not have the best firepower for a Battleship at it's tier, but they're relatively accurate (with the module) and have a faster ROF.  Most notably, Tirpitz can take one helluva beating.  Pretty sure I survive at least 75% of the battles I take it into and rack up lots of damage each time.

Was worried about getting buyer's remorse when I first picked it up, but that quickly went away once I found out how beastly it is.  It also shits Credits.  Something Tier 8 ships don't normally do.

Dread Rlyeh

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on October 02, 2015, 03:32:54 AM
Just upgraded to the Cleveland and wow I just cant get to the arc and drops of the shots at long distance.

The Cleveland is certainly one of the tougher ones at range.  My recommendation is to install a scope mod (Aslain mod pack makes this relatively painless).   The first picture pretty much sums up where you start - find the travel time of your shells (5.58s), lead by around that much for a cruiser at speed. 

As Starfury mentioned, ripple fire and watch where your shells are going to land.  I often hedge my bets with this tactic:  lets say your travel time is 11 vs another Cleveland - fire one battery at 13, one at 12, etc. 

That's it in a nutshell, as time goes on you will learn to make pretty good estimates as to what fraction of travel time you want to use when shooting at say a steaming Kongo vs a New York. 

Kushan

Quote from: Nefaro on October 02, 2015, 10:41:05 AM

It may not have the best firepower for a Battleship at it's tier, but they're relatively accurate (with the module) and have a faster ROF.  Most notably, Tirpitz can take one helluva beating.  Pretty sure I survive at least 75% of the battles I take it into and rack up lots of damage each time.

Was worried about getting buyer's remorse when I first picked it up, but that quickly went away once I found out how beastly it is.  It also shits Credits.  Something Tier 8 ships don't normally do.

I'm not trying to imply I regret the purchase. I've really enjoyed the few games I've had in it. Along with its ability to adsorb damage I love is it's turret rotation speed. It doesn't take 1/2 the match to turn 180 degrees like a lot of the other BBs. It really opens up your maneuvering options.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

steve58

Dread -- which aiming scope mod is that?  Thx...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Dread Rlyeh on October 02, 2015, 12:07:59 PM
Quote from: AchillesLastStand on October 02, 2015, 03:32:54 AM

The Cleveland is certainly one of the tougher ones at range.  My recommendation is to install a scope mod (Aslain mod pack makes this relatively painless).   The first picture pretty much sums up where you start - find the travel time of your shells (5.58s), lead by around that much for a cruiser at speed. 

As Starfury mentioned, ripple fire and watch where your shells are going to land.  I often hedge my bets with this tactic:  lets say your travel time is 11 vs another Cleveland - fire one battery at 13, one at 12, etc. 

That's it in a nutshell, as time goes on you will learn to make pretty good estimates as to what fraction of travel time you want to use when shooting at say a steaming Kongo vs a New York. 

Thanks,
I am 1 Commander point away from getting Advanced Fire Training as well as needing "B" hull and the main battery module upgrade. And by ripple fire I assuming this is firing 1 turret at a time and aiming like that? I will look for the mod as well . Thanks!

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on October 02, 2015, 02:09:18 PM

I'm not trying to imply I regret the purchase. I've really enjoyed the few games I've had in it. Along with its ability to adsorb damage I love is it's turret rotation speed. It doesn't take 1/2 the match to turn 180 degrees like a lot of the other BBs. It really opens up your maneuvering options.

I've seen fewer people playing them lately, when I'm using mine.  People going back to unlocking other stuff.

Speaking of unlocking ... I just bought a Mogami CA.  Excellent cruiser, although it doesn't make quite as many credits (not a premium ship).  But it brings up a glaring issue with World Of Warships - 6in guns (152mm) being much preferred over 8in guns (203mm).  Sounds just plain wrong, but that's the sad reality right now.  The ROF, and available boosts from captain's skills, make the 6" far more powerful over time than the 8". 

Pretty sad when nobody "upgrades" to the 8 inchers on the Mogami (a good cause & effect example).  I'm sure everyone would downgrade their 8" cruiser guns to sixes if given the chance (with current stats/modelling).  I sure would.

:knuppel2:

Dread Rlyeh

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on October 02, 2015, 03:17:57 PM
I am 1 Commander point away from getting Advanced Fire Training as well as needing "B" hull and the main battery module upgrade. And by ripple fire I assuming this is firing 1 turret at a time and aiming like that? I will look for the mod as well . Thanks!
Right - a double click will fire all turrets, a single click will fire one.  I think you can also just hold down lmb for ripple.  I'm often making small lead adjustments as I fire each battery, so I just click.   

Dread Rlyeh

Quote from: Nefaro on October 02, 2015, 03:22:09 PM

I've seen fewer people playing them lately, when I'm using mine.  People going back to unlocking other stuff.

Speaking of unlocking ... I just bought a Mogami CA.  Excellent cruiser, although it doesn't make quite as many credits (not a premium ship).  But it brings up a glaring issue with World Of Warships - 6in guns (152mm) being much preferred over 8in guns (203mm).  Sounds just plain wrong, but that's the sad reality right now.  The ROF, and available boosts from captain's skills, make the 6" far more powerful over time than the 8". 

Pretty sad when nobody "upgrades" to the 8 inchers on the Mogami (a good cause & effect example).  I'm sure everyone would downgrade their 8" cruiser guns to sixes if given the chance (with current stats/modelling).  I sure would.

Yeah, this is nuts.  I'm sure they will make adjustments eventually as this is really a black eye for the game.  In the meantime, I'm just enjoying the Mogami's incredible range, and great ROF with 15 guns :) 

Dread Rlyeh

Quote from: steve58 on October 02, 2015, 03:07:32 PM
Dread -- which aiming scope mod is that?  Thx...
I think the top one is called lemon something.  I use the "Art" crosshair myself, I think that is the 2nd one depicted.  If not, very close to it.  I just install through the Aslain mod pack which makes things a snap.  It is an executable, but he is pretty well respected and I've never heard of any malware problems with his mod packs.  Hopefully he doesn't need rent money some month  ;D

Windigo

Quote from: Nefaro on October 02, 2015, 03:22:09 PM

similar to CV aircraft loadouts... the upgrade(s) to divebombers is crap compared to torpedo bombers.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.