Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Windigo on October 02, 2015, 04:26:39 PM

similar to CV aircraft loadouts... the upgrade(s) to divebombers is crap compared to torpedo bombers.

... or "upgrading" to the next tier of destroyer between Tier 5 & 8.  They retain the same firepower & torpedoes, but their Detection Range goes up, speed goes down, etc etc, making them worse overall than the previous lower-tiered ones.  Just plain weird.

steve58

Well, was hoping to get a little WoWS'ing in this afternoon, but it seems the NA servers are down/DOA :tickedoff:

...seems to be back up.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

GDS_Starfury

my advice is to not drink 4 cups of coffee and then try aiming at long distances with a Cleveland....
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Kushan

For the other BB drivers out there, do you prefer the Gun Fire Control System (Increased main battery accuracy) or the Main Battery 2 (-10% loading time and 15% traverse speed) for the second modification slot? I was using the Main Battery 2 mods but switched to the fire control mod but I'm unclear what the increased accuracy actually does. From what I can tell it doesn't affect the shot dispersion but I have noticed more of my shot hitting targets or It could be I'm just improving my aiming with the Tirpitz.

I know I'm a little late to the Japanese DD party but I have been playing my Isokaze a lot the past few days. Fun little ship. I'm starting to get the hang of staying just inside torpedo range but outside of detection. Just need to stay away from Gremyashkys, American DD's, and those damn Atlantas. Looking forward to upgrading to the Minikaze in the next few days.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on October 04, 2015, 02:13:10 PM
For the other BB drivers out there, do you prefer the Gun Fire Control System (Increased main battery accuracy) or the Main Battery 2 (-10% loading time and 15% traverse speed) for the second modification slot? I was using the Main Battery 2 mods but switched to the fire control mod but I'm unclear what the increased accuracy actually does. From what I can tell it doesn't affect the shot dispersion but I have noticed more of my shot hitting targets or It could be I'm just improving my aiming with the Tirpitz.

I've generally been using the Accuracy mod on BBs with 8 - 10 guns.  The ones that have a dozen, like the Fuso for example, is a toss-up between that and the extra fire rate since having so many shots go out in one salvo tends to give you more hits on average.  I'd usually rather lose the extra spread than fire 3 seconds faster per salvo, because all those RNGesus near misses at the waterline could've been Citadel or High Penetration hits with a bit tighter accuracy.  That's just frustrating.

I know I'm a little late to the Japanese DD party but I have been playing my Isokaze a lot the past few days. Fun little ship. I'm starting to get the hang of staying just inside torpedo range but outside of detection. Just need to stay away from Gremyashkys, American DD's, and those damn Atlantas. Looking forward to upgrading to the Minikaze in the next few days.

Also watch out for carrier aircraft nearby.  Experienced carrier captains will try to keep one of their fighters over your head for awhile, keeping you spotted for his teammates to shoot at you from afar.  As we know, when DDs are spotted, most of the enemy team tends to do that (and CVs have a special dislike for you).

Starting around mid-tier upgraded DDs, you need to check the AA ranges on your guns.  They will start getting dual-purpose main guns that can fire at air targets, with a range of ~5km.  When your air detectability range is only 3.1km (for example), you'll need to toggle the AA guns off at the start of matches, and then toggle it on/off if later detected by aircraft.  Otherwise, aircraft in range but not close enough to actually detect you themselves, will set off your AA fire and expose you early.  You'd be surprised how many times aircraft come between your max AA range and your detect range, but not close enough to find you without your AA firing.  So be very aware of this and toggle your AA with the 'P' key. 

Likewise, if they're close enough to detect you anyway, turn it back on until they're not.  Or when enemy ships are nearby.. or you're firing your guns.  Just remember to turn it off later, at the appropriate separation distance.

Kushan

First thing I do is turn off my AA guns, whether there is a CV in the match or not. Don't want them firing at some cruiser or BB's scout or spotter plane.

Shocks me how many DD's just run around with all guns blazing.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat

Dread Rlyeh

Quote from: Kushan on October 04, 2015, 02:13:10 PM
For the other BB drivers out there, do you prefer the Gun Fire Control System (Increased main battery accuracy) or the Main Battery 2 (-10% loading time and 15% traverse speed) for the second modification slot?
I think Main Battery 2 is +10% loading time and +15% traverse speed, ie, you trade ROF for increased turret rotation speed and Main Battery 3 is the reverse.  I've taken the accuracy upgrade myself.  Whenever it's appropriate, I turn the ship to reduce the traverse time. 

GDS_Starfury

I love using my fully upgraded Mutsuki as an AAA platform.  the thing just bristles with AA.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Nefaro

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 04, 2015, 07:23:52 PM
I love using my fully upgraded Mutsuki as an AAA platform.  the thing just bristles with AA.

Good for making those pesky CV players, who keep their planes hovering overhead to keep you spotted, pay for their crimes.    O0

The Mutsuki 'C' hull also persuaded me to hang back and help shoot down torpedo bombers heading for other friendlies early in the match, or the fighter-vs-fighter battles nearby to help tip the balance.  Sometimes.. when they're close.

Windigo

Had a brother in law over. He had bought a Tirpitz and wanted to show off. THE FREAKING RANGE OF THOSE GUNS!!!

THE BEASTLY DAMAGE CONTROL!

Previously I had played only T5s ... had no idea what I have been missing, FML
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Kushan

Quote from: Windigo on October 05, 2015, 10:37:15 AM
Had a brother in law over. He had bought a Tirpitz and wanted to show off. THE FREAKING RANGE OF THOSE GUNS!!!

Sure they can fire to 21 something km, but hitting anything at that distance is very slim.

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat

Windigo

Quote from: Kushan on October 05, 2015, 02:40:15 PM

Sure they can fire to 21 something km, but hitting anything at that distance is very slim.

true enough

I may get an atlanta... just so I can be a destroyer's worst nightmare
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Nefaro

Quote from: Windigo on October 05, 2015, 03:48:36 PM
Quote from: Kushan on October 05, 2015, 02:40:15 PM

true enough

I may get an atlanta... just so I can be a destroyer's worst nightmare

Then you'll have to get extremely close.  The range on Atlanta's guns aren't good.   

I've been seeing people refer to it as "The Flamethrower", which is an appropriate metaphor for it's implementation in-game.  ;D

GDS_Starfury

other T8 BB can shoot just as far as the Tirpitz and you can save money and just keep the Cleveland for anti_DD work.

AchillesLastStand

Just got my penscacola and was now going to work my way up the BB tech line. What are the best commander skills to use with the South Carolina?