Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jejo68

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on October 06, 2015, 01:45:06 AM
Just got my penscacola and was now going to work my way up the BB tech line. What are the best commander skills to use with the South Carolina?
run away :)

GDS_Starfury

Tier 1 would be Basic Firing Training and Situational Awareness and Basics of Survivabilty.ir 2 would be Fire Prevention which stacks with
Tier Basics of Survivability.
Tier 3 is Superintendent.
Tier 4 is Advanced Firing Training.
Tier 5 Preventive Maintenance.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Nefaro

Quote from: jejo68 on October 06, 2015, 04:45:13 AM
Quote from: AchillesLastStand on October 06, 2015, 01:45:06 AM
Just got my penscacola and was now going to work my way up the BB tech line. What are the best commander skills to use with the South Carolina?
run away :)

American battleships can't even limp away, at their limited speeds.  ;D

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 06, 2015, 08:05:04 AM
Tier 1 would be Basic Firing Training and Situational Awareness and Basics of Survivabilty.ir 2 would be Fire Prevention which stacks with
Tier Basics of Survivability.
Tier 3 is Superintendent.
Tier 4 is Advanced Firing Training.
Tier 5 Preventive Maintenance.

Ok gotcha,

Now what about the Pensacola? I assume it is different than the previous{Cleveland} due to the bigger guns?

GDS_Starfury

The list is different for crusiers with guns smaller then 155mm.  I'll look up that set when I get home.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Kushan

Really wish I had my recording software running during one of my Tirpitz games last night. One of our other BB's and me where engaging an enemy cruiser and BB. We got the Cleveland and I flipped my camera around while I waited for my guns to reload and I had a Japanese DD right behind me and closing at full speed. Because of the angle only a few of my secondarys could fire at him and my main guns where facing away. I fired off a salvo of torpedoes to get him to turn, and right as he comes into my stern quarter to fire off his torpedo spread my main guns came around. I fired off a full AP salvo and at less then a kilometer even AP was able to blow him apart. I ate a few torpedoes but managed to finish the battle with two kills, some a/c shot down, and a few citadel penetrations.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

I one-shotted a Furutaka CA in my Fuso a couple hours ago.  Poor bastard.

It was very satisfying.

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on October 06, 2015, 06:01:43 PM
I one-shotted a Furutaka CA in my Fuso a couple hours ago.  Poor bastard.

It was very satisfying.

Playing with Chi and 2ndacr right now.. Chicken's looking for a Team Mate!

AchillesLastStand

Color me unimpressed with the Pensacola, at least so far. After finally getting used to the Cleveland/shell arc, the Pensacola with her paper armor feels like a step down. I think I am going to grind and grind with the Cleveland and convert the XP and jump to the New Orleans.
blah.............

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on October 06, 2015, 06:54:34 PM

Playing with Chi and 2ndacr right now.. Chicken's looking for a Team Mate!

Hope you guys had a good time.  I must've logged shortly before you guys got on.

The new update may have in-game Voice enabled for Squadrons.  At least that's what the pre-patch notes hinted at adding soon, although I'm not sure whether it was being enabled in today's update.

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on October 07, 2015, 03:50:19 AM
Color me unimpressed with the Pensacola, at least so far. After finally getting used to the Cleveland/shell arc, the Pensacola with her paper armor feels like a step down. I think I am going to grind and grind with the Cleveland and convert the XP and jump to the New Orleans.
blah.............

I mentioned the 8in/203mm guns not putting out the long-term damage rates that 6in/152mm guns do in WoWS.  Technically, you should do more Damage Per Minute with the Pensacola than the Cleveland, even when the Pensacola has two less guns (10x8in with the upgrade vs 12x6in on Cleveland). 

But there is such a large difference between ROF of the two gun sizes that the smaller guns are more effective.  Especially due to two other factors exacerbating the issue:

1)
HE is more effective than AP in nearly all cases; except when the target is sailing extremely close to a 90 degree AOB (broadside).  And the HE damage potential varies only a small amount between gun sizes.  While there may be only a ~10% increase in HE damage from a 152mm to a 203mm gun in WoWS, there is a 50% increase in ROF. 

This is bad enough, but...

2)
Guns below 155mm size can get numerous extra boosts from Captain Skills.  They can boost the <155mm guns by +10% ROF, +20% range, and +2.5deg turret traverse rate.  Whereas anything >154mm only gets +0.7deg traverse rate bonus. 

They should expand the ROF bonus to encompass all Cruiser guns (the 8in/203mm ones we're talking about) and possibly give them the full traverse bonus too.

Easy solutions.

As for Pensacola seemingly made of paper.. part of it is due to Cleveland's ridiculously small Citadel hit boxes.  They shouldn't be that tiny.  Pensacola, and other cruisers like it's Japanese counterpart Myoko, can easily be pen'd and citadel'd.  Cleveland's damage model is out of proportion to other Cruisers.  I'm surprised the devs haven't acknowledged that yet.  I've seen much mention of it before in their forum, so I guess it's not a priority at all. 

steve58

Got a noob-ish question.  Was watching the attached video.  Whats with the yellow ship icons?

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

GDS_Starfury

they're part of a platoon or whatever you call it in WoWS.

Nefaro

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 08, 2015, 06:24:33 PM

'Squadron' IIRC.

Dunno if you guys knew the following, but I discovered it on a hunch.   You can hold CTRL, to bring up your mouse cursor, and double click on one of the ships in that list (while spectating) to instantly tether your view to them.

So, after dying, you don't have to keep clicking the mouse buttons & such to cycle through friendly ships one-by-one in order to watch a specific player. 

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on October 08, 2015, 11:56:27 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 08, 2015, 06:24:33 PM

'Squadron' IIRC.

Dunno if you guys knew the following, but I discovered it on a hunch.   You can hold CTRL, to bring up your mouse cursor, and double click on one of the ships in that list (while spectating) to instantly tether your view to them.

So, after dying, you don't have to keep clicking the mouse buttons & such to cycle through friendly ships one-by-one in order to watch a specific player.

One of the more helpful hints you enlightened me on!  O0

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on October 09, 2015, 09:13:15 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 08, 2015, 11:56:27 PM

'Squadron' IIRC.

One of the more helpful hints you enlightened me on!  O0

When you die as early as I do, grouped in a squadron, you get plenty of time to screw around with the UI.  :))