Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Credits are where the grind is, so they're quite useful.

At some point I started unlocking new stuff with XP, but stopped having enough Credits to actually get them.  Would have to keep playing what I had to get more.  The XP & Credit income isn't balanced regarding progression.

Kushan

Quote from: Nefaro on November 01, 2015, 08:27:42 PM

At some point I started unlocking new stuff with XP, but stopped having enough Credits to actually get them.  Would have to keep playing what I had to get more.  The XP & Credit income isn't balanced regarding progression.

That's because they really want players to buy premium ships. Even a bad game in my Tirpitz will usually net me 100k+ credits. On average I get around 200k a match. I'm not rolling in credits but I'm finding XP the bigger grind, even with premium/elite ships.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on November 01, 2015, 08:35:03 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 01, 2015, 08:27:42 PM

That's because they really want players to buy premium ships. Even a bad game in my Tirpitz will usually net me 100k+ credits. On average I get around 200k a match. I'm not rolling in credits but I'm finding XP the bigger grind, even with premium/elite ships.

Same.  I often get around 300k in a Tirpitz + Premium.  Murmansk, a bit over 200k.

But if I'm not using a Premium ship, which is something you need to do in order to unlock modules and the next ship in the line, then the credit income isn't so good.  Therefore, I have to switch over to a premium ship for awhile to get the extra credits for something else.  Luckily some of those premium ships are fun.

Not been playing WoWS much lately since last month's premium time ran out and I got some in AW.  But I'll be back after a hiatus.  Did you guys ever hook up with Tuna and the others?

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Windigo

Just started playing it. Seems to be fun enough with improvements over WoT. Is there a forum thread for AW?

Nefaro

Quote from: Windigo on November 04, 2015, 11:11:24 AM
Just started playing it. Seems to be fun enough with improvements over WoT. Is there a forum thread for AW?

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=14964.30

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Windigo

Quote from: steve58 on November 04, 2015, 01:47:41 PM
update 0.5.1 weighs anchor tomorrow

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-051/

Aircraft carrier balance in Random and Ranked battles is now strictly symmetrical; no more exceptions in response to long wait times

thank god... it sucks fighting higher tier CVs

Nefaro

They gave me a day of Premium on WoWS, logging in after the patch.

Not sure if everyone gets that or what's up.

steve58

^Thanks for the heads up.  I was going to login/download the update in a bit, but may wait a while longer so I can take advantage of any freebies, if I get them.

Did your Level # change?  If you're a 10 or 11 now, maybe the 1 day of premium was part of leveling up.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Tuna

Think I got two days of Premium! ;D

Tuna

hmm now it says 24 hours :-(.. should've waited till Friday to sign on.  :tickedoff:

steve58

yeah, looks like if you had enough XP, the 051 patch auto-leveled you up to 10, so you got the 1 day premium.

...found this over on the Asia site:

steve58

In honor of Veterans Day, x3 XP First Win Bonus

Available Wednesday, November 11, 03:20 PT (06:20 ET)
Ends Thursday, November 12, 03:20 PT (06:20 ET)