Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

They're supposed to be dropping a nice little Polish premium Destroyer in before long. 

I like the changes they've made to some of the maps, spreading islands out on some and moving cap & spawn zones on others.  Although the island moves have resulted in some spots where you can get grounded & stuck on underwater terrain, which wasn't such a problem before.  I'm sure they'll smooth that out after reports.

While I've played some Armored Warfare and War Thunder Air Forces lately, both of which are also great multi-player "freetops", I tend to do better at World Of Warships for some reason.  Which makes it an easy go-to when being indecisive.

Tuna

steve58

Free code for WoWS, a day of premium and 50 flags.   WOWSALIENWARE (note I have not yet tried the code myself yet, maybe later today b4 I can)  Its dead Jim...and before I could try it  >:(

Also Alienware is giving away more invite codes

Need another reason to try out World of Warships? Now you have one with this Starter Pack for new players*, you'll receive the following items:

Tachibana Lima Destroyer
3 Days Premium
200 Flags
Free Port Slot

*Use your key during the World of Warships account registration process to unlock the above items. Please note this key is only valid for new players signing up for a new World of Warships account.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

Weekends are having a 30% discount on specific nations' ships between Tier 2-7.

This weekend is American ships.   Next weekend looks to be ze German ones.  Etc.

Full info:

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/world-tour/

Nefaro

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on February 08, 2016, 11:10:06 PM
ROFL
;D

Have you seen this in game? Is this why people would choose all bomber load?

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on February 09, 2016, 12:59:22 PM

Think I saw it once, quite awhile back.  You really don't see it often and supposedly the developer cracked down on the players doing it. 

Dunno why anyone would run all bomber.  They'd just be asking to lose them all.  I suppose they might hope that the other side is doing the same or would make such a "truce" but I've rarely seen that.

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on February 09, 2016, 06:04:35 PM
Quote from: Tuna on February 09, 2016, 12:59:22 PM

Think I saw it once, quite awhile back.  You really don't see it often and supposedly the developer cracked down on the players doing it. 

Dunno why anyone would run all bomber.  They'd just be asking to lose them all.  I suppose they might hope that the other side is doing the same or would make such a "truce" but I've rarely seen that.

Yeah, DBs just aren't the great, I'd rather have a squad of fighters.

Shelldrake

Did anyone manage to collect the necessary 260 pearls for the Kamikaze R destroyer? Best I managed was 172 so I need to be lucky in the draw.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Quote from: Shelldrake on February 10, 2016, 03:01:20 PM
Did anyone manage to collect the necessary 260 pearls for the Kamikaze R destroyer? Best I managed was 172 so I need to be lucky in the draw.

I hadn't been playing much in the past couple months.  Only resumed last week, so wasn't enough time for me.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Nefaro on February 10, 2016, 09:31:23 PM
Quote from: Shelldrake on February 10, 2016, 03:01:20 PM

I hadn't been playing much in the past couple months.  Only resumed last week, so wasn't enough time for me.

Same here. That is why I came up short on pearls. I suspect it was necessary to complete all challenges every week to get to 260.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Quote from: Shelldrake on February 11, 2016, 07:47:44 AM

Same here. That is why I came up short on pearls. I suspect it was necessary to complete all challenges every week to get to 260.

That was definitely the case.

Plus, you had to manually sign up for it on their site.  It took extra time for me to figure out that needed to happen. 

Still don't understand why everyone wasn't automatically included in such an event.  I'll just chalk it up to typical Wargaming.net buffoonery.

Tuna

If I hadn't opened some of the treasure boxes in the earlier weeks, I'd have that many, no problem!..I think Chi told me there would be no adverse affects to grabbing treasure.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Tuna on February 11, 2016, 02:10:30 PM
If I hadn't opened some of the treasure boxes in the earlier weeks, I'd have that many, no problem!..I think Chi told me there would be no adverse affects to grabbing treasure.

Are you at least still eligible for the draw for the destroyer? Glad I kept 150 pearls and did not spend them on treasure. I wonder how many players will miss out on the draw because of spending pearls on treasure.

Dean Edell

Tuna