Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

Quote from: Tuna on February 17, 2016, 12:40:10 PM
They wiped the experience, which is awesome! You can re-choose for what you really need.. Just take it slow, because I think there's some 'new' perks, you might want to consider. Know I made a mistake on my Mahan.

Great news! Now I can reassign the change ammo type specialization which was useless to my carrier skipper. How do the new perks seem?
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

steve58

I'd like to see some info on everything the perks give your captain.  Seems like not all info is included in the perk description...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Tuna

There was a level 4 one for increasing Torpedo speed at the cost of decreased range.. I took that one for my Hatushara (sp), I would rather Fast 8km to slow 10km.. I don't want people to have the chance to dodge!..

I guess on the Mahan this would not be good, because the reduction in distance would mean that I would need to come within visible range. So I took increased HP. The one battle I did at lunch, I took quite the beating and still survived!

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on February 17, 2016, 09:34:40 AM
Quote from: jomni on February 17, 2016, 09:14:30 AM
I'm getting floating parts around my ship.  It's quite annoying.

???

Floating parts?  I'm not sure what that is.

Make sure you zoom all the way out when the match starts.  Sometimes it leaves you zoomed in, maybe that's what is going on.

Use the <SHIFT> key to toggle your gunsight view. 

If you're still getting some oddities, then maybe use the Repair option on the downloader window?  Or it's a video driver thing..?

See picture below.  So far it's the Japanese starter ship model which you probably got rid of already.  The other ships are fine for me.
Other people with problems: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/43395-floating-objects-outside-the-ship/

jomni

Now after the update the game crashes after login

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on February 17, 2016, 07:56:11 PM
Now after the update the game crashes after login

Something's certainly amiss. 

WoWS client has been fine for me since the big update, but I've had a similar problem with Marvel Heroes ever since they updated it last month.  Crashes before the five minute mark all the time.

Buggy ass updates!   :knuppel2:

jomni

I think it's the download and install / update infrastructure and process.  The update itself does not break the game but the delivery method is not rock solid for all users.

I will uninstall and reinstall again.

Tuna

Ugh, so last night after our 'team battles' I sell some ships so I can buy a tier VI Matsuka.. Choose the new faster torp skill for my untrained Captain.

And low and behold my torps only go 5.4 km!.. I"m like wtf ,those should go 8 km... What is this because Captain is not trained enough yet.

Stupid Tuna.. You start off with the lower Torpedo Module, so now I'm screwed till i grind enough cash to upgrade.. Stupid Tuna!! Should've saved the perk until I got the better torps.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on February 18, 2016, 08:03:44 AM
Ugh, so last night after our 'team battles' I sell some ships so I can buy a tier VI Matsuka.. Choose the new faster torp skill for my untrained Captain.

And low and behold my torps only go 5.4 km!.. I"m like wtf ,those should go 8 km... What is this because Captain is not trained enough yet.

Stupid Tuna.. You start off with the lower Torpedo Module, so now I'm screwed till i grind enough cash to upgrade.. Stupid Tuna!! Should've saved the perk until I got the better torps.

Damn, Tuna!  You made another purchase mistake last night?!   :buck2:

I wasn't functioning on all levels last night either.  Luckily I didn't get the urge to start juggling ship purchases like you did.

Tuna

lol.. we'll just gotta earn some cash to upgrade.. still have to re-train the captain.. it seems like in these team battles, invisible DD's are important, so the Faragaut dont' cut it.. maybe one Japanese and one US.. not sure.. definitely should develop a more 'sound' team strategy approach.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on February 18, 2016, 10:07:37 AM
lol.. we'll just gotta earn some cash to upgrade.. still have to re-train the captain.. it seems like in these team battles, invisible DD's are important, so the Faragaut dont' cut it.. maybe one Japanese and one US.. not sure.. definitely should develop a more 'sound' team strategy approach.

I was unfamiliar with the 7v7 format, not having bothered with ranked battles & whatnot.  Will take some getting used to.

Tuna

We went 500.. but on two losses the Carriers did well.. On one he just distracted us, and that was all it took.. kept us from get any cap points early on. The other he did well harassing us. Important is probably sticking together and ships sticking to there roles. Japanese DD's spot.. US gun boats.. DD's can harass bigger ships once the DD's are gone. Cruisers kill DD's first move on up.. Carriers are another thing all together.. Seems like most sides are gonna have Clevelands.. but maybe good to mix.. don't know.. need to make the perfect lineup..

jomni

My problems have been sorted out already by reinstalling.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on February 18, 2016, 05:14:07 PM
My problems have been sorted out already by reinstalling.

I don't think you're the only one who had some corrupted d/l from the patcher.   :-\

Glad it's sorted!   O0

jomni

Why don't my teammates form a line? It seems to be a sensible and realistic tactic.  As for me, I will just follow a lead ship and shoot away.