Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on February 22, 2016, 07:56:02 AM
Anime incarnations are bound to happen.  And it just did.

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/wows_arpeggio_collabnowlive/

Ugh.  They started doing that a couple months ago.  (That announcement is over a month old btw).

I wish they'd spend more time expanding World Of Warships itself, instead of adding this nonsense.  Hopefully they're done doing so, but who knows with Wargaming.net

WoWS is their first game that holds some long-term traction with me.  But they're improving & expanding it at a glacial pace.  Spending efforts on this kind of side show, and re-skinning existing content into Premium money-grabbing content, just makes it more frustrating. 

Dig the game, despite a few minor complaints, but I can see why people have bagged on the publisher so much over the years. 

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on February 22, 2016, 11:13:28 AM
Quote from: jomni on February 22, 2016, 07:56:02 AM
Anime incarnations are bound to happen.  And it just did.

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/wows_arpeggio_collabnowlive/

That's a little weird.

You can supposedly turn off all the Anime stuff, but that's not quite true.

I still have a little graphic of an anime chick always sitting in the Daily Missions pane.   :knuppel2:

Shelldrake

I finally earned the Tachibana destroyer last night and the ARP Kongo last week. I am currently working on getting the ARP Myoko but setting all those fires is a real grind.  :tickedoff:
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Quote from: Shelldrake on February 24, 2016, 07:12:15 AM
I finally earned the Tachibana destroyer last night and the ARP Kongo last week. I am currently working on getting the ARP Myoko but setting all those fires is a real grind.  :tickedoff:

Cruisers, my man.  Better grind out cruisers for lots of fires. 

The ones with 8" guns (203mm) have pretty high fire chance rates, but shoot less often.  The 6" ones (152mm) fire faster but have less chance.  Either way, you'll get some fire because you'll be firing HE with high fire chance quite often.

BTW... when are these ARP missions ending?

Shelldrake

Quote from: Nefaro on February 24, 2016, 05:09:12 PM
Quote from: Shelldrake on February 24, 2016, 07:12:15 AM

Cruisers, my man.  Better grind out cruisers for lots of fires. 

The ones with 8" guns (203mm) have pretty high fire chance rates, but shoot less often.  The 6" ones (152mm) fire faster but have less chance.  Either way, you'll get some fire because you'll be firing HE with high fire chance quite often.

BTW... when are these ARP missions ending?

ARP missions end March 1. So far I have had the best results with my Cleveland and Nurnberg cruisers.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

jomni

When to use HE or AP?  I still don't know.

Kushan

Quote from: jomni on February 24, 2016, 08:10:38 PM
When to use HE or AP?  I still don't know.

General rule is if your in a destroyer always use HE and in battleships always use AP. Where it gets tricky is cruisers. When firing at other cruisers use AP and when firing at destroyers or battleships use HE. When you get to the higher tier cruisers with the 203mm guns you can AP penetrations on battleships but it's generally more reliable to just use HE. Never use AP against destroyers since it will generally over penetrate and do very minimal damage.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

jomni

Shelldrake

Finally got the ARP Myoko. Getting 1 million damage was way easier than setting 300 fires!

Dean Edell

steve58

...saw this on the WoWS forums.

Free Day of Premium -- tried it and it works.
WOTEXTRADAY

This code can only be used for today.

As many as you know, any premium time on Wot is shared with Wows as well.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Tuna

Where do you enter the code?

Steve what is your ID in game? A few of us play together, I think it makes it more enjoyable. If you have a headset, I have a TS server.

steve58

Tuna, after you login, try here: https://na.wargaming.net/shop/bonus/

I'm Slammer58 in game and my stats ain't all that great.  I love playing the IJN DDs, but I'm way too aggressive and tend to die way more than I survive :buck2:  While I wouldn't mind joining up with a few Grogs, I've no headset and my gaming time is pretty sporadic.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Tuna

I'm Htuna.. Nef is NefariousK.. Shelldrake is on there too. Shelldrake2... Thanks for the code!