Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Minakaze, is my favorite!.. Though I'm loving my Mahan.. I don't have anything Tier VIII.

Hancock

I am new to Grogheads, pulled in by HTuna who I connected with in WoW.  We have a few Div and Team battle under our belts- my user name is rowboat_bait.  I'm a BB and CA guy, favs are Tirpitz, Kongo, New York, Admiral Hipper, Cleveland.  And thanks for the tip on the free day of premium.  Look forward to meeting some new players.
"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

Tuna

Hancock

"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

Nefaro

Quote from: Hancock on March 01, 2016, 09:30:44 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on February 29, 2016, 10:06:46 PM
Quote from: Tuna on February 29, 2016, 09:52:26 PM
Nefaro is here too  :coolsmiley:

Nef hangs in this place?...........Uhhh, may need to reconsider :crazy2:

Just be careful where you sit.

You've had your shots lately, right?

Nefaro

:2funny:

Funny 'cause true.

I see one of these bastards in almost every match nowadays.

Nefaro

And another one ridiculing the terrible in-game Karlsruhe.

;D

These are hilarious.

jejo68

For some reason since I updated the game my monitor started flickering. And now that I have uninstalled the game its back to normal.
Dunno what could be wrong, but I did try and update drivers without it helping one bit.

steve58

In addition to their normal x2 First-Win Bonus, WoWS has a bit of a XP Conversion Bonus this weekend...and US/IJN T8 CVs on sale.  Also, the Marblehead is available for sale in a few flavors/packages.

Bonuses
x2 First-Win Bonus
40% XP Conversion Bonus (changed from 1 Doubloon = 25 Free XP  -->  1 Doubloon = 35 Free XP)

Discounts
15% Credit Discount for Tier VIII US Aircraft Carrier (Lexington)
15% Credit Discount for Tier VIII IJN Aircraft Carrier (Shokaku)
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Dammit Carl!

The pull of my languishing "World of..." accounts has brought me back into the mix - nice to see a beta medal and whatever that American reward ship was sitting at port.

Time to slog up the tiers again  :P

Nefaro

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on April 04, 2016, 11:48:12 AM

The progression in World of Warships hasn't been anywhere near as painful as WoT was.  I recall those damn module upgrades were a huge leap, and if you didn't have the upgraded gun in many of them you were SoL.  Also less armor penetration issues between tiers so the matchmaking is more forgiving too.

Hancock

Quote from: Nefaro on April 04, 2016, 01:39:32 PM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on April 04, 2016, 11:48:12 AM

The progression in World of Warships hasn't been anywhere near as painful as WoT was.  I recall those damn module upgrades were a huge leap, and if you didn't have the upgraded gun in many of them you were SoL.  Also less armor penetration issues between tiers so the matchmaking is more forgiving too.

And they finally did a nerf thing on the high tier DDs indirectly by providing the cruiser with effective radar.  Now they sit in the back side winging waves of torps from long distance and bitching about it..LOL. They should do the same with the mid tiers.  At least a temporary fix to the ridiculous DD advantage which leads to situations like the 7 destroyer team I was up against recently.......

Nefaro

If they keep changing & nerfing Destroyer gameplay, while making CV aircraft even more dominant, then they probably won't be getting much more of my money. 

Getting Wargaming.net'd once again.  ::)   Which is sad because this has been pretty enjoyable, other than some of the annoying development decisions and general ass-dragging on that end.

At this point, I hope Gaijin will get their own Warship MMOA out and put WoWS to shame.  Without spending dev time on adding ridiculous Anime junk to the game, for example.  Shoving Soviet ships down our throat while we have yet to see a single line from the Brits. 

A Love/Hate relationship, but it's still better than all their previous stuff IMO.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Nefaro on April 04, 2016, 02:12:01 PM
A Love/Hate relationship, but it's still better than all their previous stuff IMO.

Word.  I still have a bad feeling in my backside from the WoT grind through the Heavy German Debrushklesteineraldflsadfppp 2 (don't care to spell it correctly; screw you tank) on my way up the Panther line.