Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hancock

Quote from: Nefaro on April 04, 2016, 02:12:01 PM
If they keep changing & nerfing Destroyer gameplay, while making CV aircraft even more dominant, then they probably won't be getting much more of my money. 

Getting Wargaming.net'd once again.  ::)   Which is sad because this has been pretty enjoyable, other than some of the annoying development decisions and general ass-dragging on that end.

At this point, I hope Gaijin will get their own Warship MMOA out and put WoWS to shame.  Without spending dev time on adding ridiculous Anime junk to the game, for example.  Shoving Soviet ships down our throat while we have yet to see a single line from the Brits. 

A Love/Hate relationship, but it's still better than all their previous stuff IMO.

They can't stop themselves from updating to adjust for perceived fairness issues. The problem is they keep creating new problems with every attempt to correct what they consider competitive disadvantage.  The DD's definitely needed some taming, but the CV torp birds are just as bad....My Tirpitz last week got hit by3 that magically came out of an island.  I was literally as close as I could on my starboard without beaching to protect that side as I maneuvered to cross to the middle of the map.  Did not hit my port..oh no, they magically came out of the island on my starboard.  I still have not seen the birds that launched.

Definitely a love/hate as mentioned above.  Still enjoying.
"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

jomni

I kinda like how all types of ships can sink even the big guys. And tier advantages aren't too large. If they change that then I'm out.

Tuna

Quote from: jomni on April 05, 2016, 12:02:22 AM
I kinda like how all types of ships can sink even the big guys. And tier advantages aren't too large. If they change that then I'm out.

True, it promotes playing as a team. You need to play the strengths and weaknesses  of your team-mates.. Dettroyers job is to 'spot' targets and screen for other DD's.. all the while laying down that torpedo intimidation.

Cruisers are there to participate in the slugfest, but top priority should be to kill DD's first when they are sighted.

Battleships are there to slug it out from afar, but they rely heavily on their Cruisers and DDs to protect them in close. If you team doesn't play well together they lose, it's as simple as that.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Tuna on April 05, 2016, 09:13:06 AM
... You need to play the strengths and weaknesses  of your team-mates.....

And that weakness is me!  Lord am I rusty at this.

On the plus side, lots of fish now have plenty of new artificial reefs to swim in and around thanks to me getting sunk all the time.

Nefaro

Dammit Carl!

These are the same dudes that fire their guns at the start of World of Tank games - "test firing," them or somesuch.  Like e-tanks would have dud rounds.   :uglystupid2:

Question: would it be a good idea to sticky a "What's your handle in the "World of ..." games," thread at some point?  Wouldn't mind platooning up with some folks from time to time.

Tuna

Tuna = HTuna
Steve58 = Slammer58
Nefaro = NefariousK
Hancock = rowboat_bait
Shelldrake = Shelldrake2

Nefaro

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on April 18, 2016, 02:05:18 PM
These are the same dudes that fire their guns at the start of World of Tank games - "test firing," them or somesuch.  Like e-tanks would have dud rounds.   :uglystupid2:

Question: would it be a good idea to sticky a "What's your handle in the "World of ..." games," thread at some point?  Wouldn't mind platooning up with some folks from time to time.

There are a few of us who squad up in World Of Warships.  Tuna even has a room on his Teamspeak host for it.  Because hearing your buddies curse when they eat a spread of torpedoes is wholesome family fun!  Or, likewise, my profanity-laced thoughts on torpedo bomber Sky Cancer.  >:D

iirc, my handle is NefariousK.

Have been on a bit of a break from it lately, but I may be present more often after the next patch which adds some UI improvements.

Edit:  Now that I see Tuna's list, think I still need to add Steve in-game.

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on April 18, 2016, 02:15:06 PM
There are a few of us who squad up in World Of Warships.  Tuna even has a room on his Teamspeak host for it.  Because hearing your buddies curse when they eat a spread of torpedoes is wholesome family fun!  Or, likewise, my profanity-laced thoughts on torpedo bomber Sky Cancer.  >:D

Even funnier to hear them curse when it is TeamMate that has done it! Tuna has been guilty  :crazy2:

Shelldrake

I have also not been playing as much lately but the new weather effects will bring me back.  8)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Tuna on April 18, 2016, 02:09:57 PM
Tuna = HTuna
Steve58 = Slammer58
Nefaro = NefariousK
Hancock = rowboat_bait
Shelldrake = Shelldrake2

Nice.  Will add you dudes pronto!

As for me, my WoT/WoWS/WoWp names are:
Roy_Orbison (ships and tanks) &/or Dammit_Carl! (tanks and planes)

I started another account at some point for some reason or another in the past in WoT and have been bouncing back and forth between the two accounts as my whims take me.  Makes no sense, but there you go...

Tuna

lol.. for some reason Roy_Orbison seems familiar, I think I've been in matches with you, at least 1.

Dammit Carl!

If it was the night where I was beaching my DDs right and left, it was all the fault of the booze, I tells ya.

Nefaro

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on April 18, 2016, 02:37:36 PM
If it was the night where I was beaching my DDs right and left, it was all the fault of the booze, I tells ya.

That's every WoWS night, for me.  :))

Nefaro

2ndACR, ChickenSalad, and myself were tearin' it up yesterday evening, in our T5 destroyers.   >:D

Tuna:   I re-sent them the TS info.  The knuckleheads both managed to lose it.  Probably didn't have it bookmarked.   :uglystupid2: