Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Hancock

Tuna, I should be on some this afternoon, but definitely tonight.  I'll check your TS.

Been grinding my Tier VII Colorado to earn the Tier VIII North Carolina.  Reminded me why it is a good thing to run the same ship and not bounce around.  Had only run her a few times with not much success.  Thursday had a run of 7 kills in 3 battles, but the highlight was in 7 minutes battle time shooting down 21 sky cancers while dodging 24 torps in a losing cause (actually went back and counted as I could not believe it).  A dandy piece of seamanship and great fun as the DDs and birds just kept trying.....
"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

Tuna

Have to work tonight  >:(

Nefaro

Patch 0.5.5 coming out tomorrow, 0300 PST:

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/055-update-notes/

They recommend, due to all the game file changes, downloading a clean version if your download speed is good.  Otherwise the update will have to repackage all your game files, which reportedly takes between 15min to an hour depending on hardware speeds.

I'm probably just going to uninstall and download the full client again.  I've had issues with not being able to set my keybinds back to default with my current install anyway.

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on April 26, 2016, 10:01:56 PM

They recommend, due to all the game file changes, downloading a clean version if your download speed is good.  Otherwise the update will have to repackage all your game files, which reportedly takes between 15min to an hour depending on hardware speeds.

I'm probably just going to uninstall and download the full client again.  I've had issues with not being able to set my keybinds back to default with my current install anyway.

Their update process really sucks. I don't understand why it is slow (and prone to corruption).

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on April 26, 2016, 10:28:21 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 26, 2016, 10:01:56 PM

Their update process really sucks. I don't understand why it is slow (and prone to corruption).

I've had no issues downloading their updates.   

It's their client that has had some issues.

Besides a few instances of keymapping problems, I've also experienced the rare FPS bug where it will drop to around 5-10 fps for numerous people on one match.  Supposedly related to a couple map bugs but AFAIK they never figured out the problem & fixed it.  Only happens to me maybe once every couple months. 

Either way, you can tell their game engine has issues when you change tabs, or even open a UI panel, in your port screen.  The whole damn thing freezes for a fraction of a second while it opens this little transparent info window, as if it's reloading everything on-screen every time you open something.   ::) 

Maybe the performance update will at least help the poor optimizations a bit.  I don't expect it to solve some of the other UI problems, such as hotkeys not re/binding properly though.  :-\

Tuna

They speeding the ships back up?

Tuna

Ugh.. sign on for a few games at lunch.. looks like this update's gonna take an hour!

Nefaro

They're supposedly giving everyone who logs in for the new update, in the next week or so, three days of Premium.

Quote from: Tuna on April 27, 2016, 07:50:22 AM
They speeding the ships back up?

Doubt it.

But they are adding more hp to gun turrets <160mm.  Especially the DD guns <130mm.   We were getting real sick of our turrets getting knocked out in the first salvo, in higher tier DDs.

Offering a bunch of new gun sight options, and some other stuff. 

Judging by the notes, I think only one or two high tier maps will actually have the intermittent rain (and accompanying lower visibility) during gameplay thus far.  You can only see some of it before the match starts, on others.  I guess they're rolling that out slowly.

Tuna

ugh after an hour update... it's a mess!!

Shelldrake

Maybe that is why devs are recommending a fresh install. I will let you know how my update this evening goes.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Uninstalled first.  Had to leave the Uninstaller running for what seemed ages, but it eventually finished.

Re-downloaded the whole game.

Despite having to go through and change all the settings again, it was well worth it.  Downloaded at a decent clip and no issues afterward. 

I'm digging the new hotness. 

Well... except for the increased "friendly fire" damage.  I accidentally ran, head first, into a friendly battleship with my Blyskawica DD and it perma-wrecked one of my two torpedo launchers.  ???  Hopefully collisions don't turn you pink, if mount crits are possible for them now.

The loading times are smoother and the extra UI options are nice.  O0

Lots of little changes, mostly good that I've seen.

Tuna

Uninstalled and re-downloading.

Nefaro

I'm impressed.

Looks like they finally addressed the little micro-stutter & latency issues.  Far more smooth right now, and I'm not getting the little red latency spike warnings.  Smooth as buttah at 39ms.  8)

Seen some complaints about some bugs with aircraft ID tags.  Prolly a few bugs with such an all-encompassing patch.  But they did some great, and much needed fixes.

Nefaro

There are some matches where your ID tags disappear from your view & mini-map.  Pretty F'd up.