Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on May 06, 2016, 02:52:29 PM

Yep, sorry Tuna flub.. like when I thought I bought that Cruiser I didn't want at lunch today!

Luckily you flubbed at flubbing that, too.   O0    :))

That was a weird set of matches for me.  I was shooting like I was blind, but only ran aground once... or twice.

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on May 06, 2016, 02:53:09 PM

Yep, sorry Tuna flub.. like when I thought I bought that Cruiser I didn't want at lunch today!

That was a weird set of matches for me.  I was shooting like I was blind, but only ran aground once... or twice.

I liked the Phoenix that ran into me, and then ate a torp for me!

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on May 06, 2016, 03:02:17 PM

With friends like those.. who needs human shields?

Also - don't forget the guy driving like he'd not only stole it, but had been drinking for awhile beforehand.

Makes me wonder whether it's a Full Moon Friday.

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on May 06, 2016, 03:17:20 PM
Quote from: Tuna on May 06, 2016, 03:02:17 PM

With friends like those.. who needs human shields?

Also - don't forget the guy driving like he'd not only stole it, but had been drinking for awhile beforehand.

Makes me wonder whether it's a Full Moon Friday.

Yep that Clemson was definitely driving under the influence.. Dodging torps from an unseen Enemy that was not in range yet. But he did not take a Torp for me like the Phoenix. He scraped my paint for no other reason except being drunk.

Nefaro

Weekly in-game discounts & bonuses for the month:

http://worldofwarships.com/en/content/docs/event-preview/

Note that besides the different nationality discounts every week, there are some other specific ones.  Such as Port Slot discounts the last week of May (during US discount week). 

Tuna

Good link, thanks for sharing!... .Yay Japan week.. Fubiki and Myoko time!

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on May 07, 2016, 08:37:43 AM

Plan accordingly.

The ship & module discounts for them are only good up to Tier 7 from what I can tell.   :-\

Hancock

Quote from: Nefaro on May 07, 2016, 12:50:41 PM
Quote from: Tuna on May 07, 2016, 08:37:43 AM

Plan accordingly.

The ship & module discounts for them are only good up to Tier 7 from what I can tell.   :-\

Thanks as well.  This weekend I researched, purchased and fully upgraded the Russion Tier VI Budyonny, so will enjoy the remainder of this week grinding that.  Nice boat, throws a lot He damage.  I purchased Tier V US Battleship Texas which gets a number of bonuses through Memorial Day weekend, so will be grinding that guy as well.
"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

Jack Nastyface

Quick question:
I just downloaded WoW this week and have played maybe 20 games.  Anyone got any tips for playing as a destroyer?  I seem to get blown up really quickly, and am landing only 1 or 2 torpedo hits.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Tuna

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on May 10, 2016, 11:59:17 AM
Quick question:
I just downloaded WoW this week and have played maybe 20 games.  Anyone got any tips for playing as a destroyer?  I seem to get blown up really quickly, and am landing only 1 or 2 torpedo hits.

Before you go into battle look at your stats.. especially Concealment and Torpedo range.. Understand them totally so that in the thick of battle,  you know when you will be detected and how close you have to be to fire. The most important captain perk to get in destroyer line is Detection! This will let you know when the enemy can see you, whether or not you can see them yet. Also use your smoke wisely.. pop it when you are detected, and take a notch off on the speed an you will become invisible again.

US destroyers in the early tiers are more 'gun boats'. This is due to the fact they have better guns and their detection range is further than their torp range. USSR is like this too.

In the early tiers, Japanese are stealthy as heck.. 6.0 detetion range.. I think you can get 7.0 km Torp range pretty early on.. and later 10km.. so they are a lot of fun in the early going. but go up the multiple lines, because both sides have their strengths and weaknesses and they are a lot of fun once you get it down.

Shelldrake

Quick question:

I just got the upgraded tier VI Farragut and quite like it - reasonably fast with solid guns and 6.4 km torpedo range. The tier IV Clemson is also a lot of fun - fire a spread of 6 torpedoes, then swing around and fire another spread of 6 is a great way to kill battleships and carriers.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Hancock

Quick question:

Good advice above.  I'm not a DD guy (I do BBs and CAs) but these are general suggestions for any ships:

> This is definitely a team game.  Keep that in mind if you want to achieve a decent win ratio and don't want to get hammered early and often.   Avoid being alone in space where you are the prime target for multiple ships ( in your case,  a DD and a couple cruisers that can target you from different directions).  You should have cover fire from, in your case, cruisers to take some of the heat.  As you move up the tiers and the rounds per second/shell damage increase, this becomes more and more critical.

> Don't get discouraged.  As Tuna pointed out above, it takes time to figure out the strengths and weaknesses of each ship, much less  each class of ship.

> Check out the training specific training videos available on the WoW website, as well as the YouTube videos that provide overviews, recommended upgrades/commander skills, and actual combat by, among others, Jingles, Steelcast, and The Taste.  The combat replays will allow you to see how they are playing various classes of ships, as well as their commentary on various tactics/strategies depending on the ship.

> Have fun...it's only a game.  I keep having to remind myself that sometimes when I find myself throwing the mouse at my screen....... ::)

>
"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

jomni

Tip: plotting course is useful so that you can concentrate on gunnery and not slam into islands. Good for BB's.

For DD, just keep moving and keep with groups.  Find opportunities to be alone with BBs and CVs.

Nefaro

Got my fourth Kraken award today in a 6-Kill comeback match!    :))

Tuna

Must've gotten a lot of "Kill Secures"!   O0

Damn Selaris has stolen me from this game, I should be grinding cash to get the Tier VI Soviet DD and CA!