Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

I got laid off just before lunch, so fun day!.. My kid's Honor Society thing is tonight, I'll try and get on after.

vyshka

Quote from: Tuna on May 19, 2016, 04:14:36 PM
I got laid off just before lunch, so fun day!.. My kid's Honor Society thing is tonight, I'll try and get on after.

Bummer Tuna, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will find something else quickly.

Shelldrake

Sorry to hear this Tuna. I hope that you soon find other employment.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Tuna

Thanks. Could be a good thing because  this is the absolute worst company I ever worked for. End date is August, so have time to look..

jomni

Omg! Was there any prior indication?

Tuna

Quote from: jomni on May 19, 2016, 07:56:09 PM

Omg! Was there any prior indication?

lol. yeah. the company does em every quarter.. I was expecting it sooner or later.. Most of the people I worked with are gone. I'm looking at it as a good thing right now.. Not sure how I'll feel later.

Had some good WoW matches with Nef and 2ndAcr tonight.. got off some steam!

Windigo

Squadron'd up with two friends last night - all in Molotov's. We were flinging HE. Great fun. Lost just 2 matches all night and they were still close ones.

Before that sweet game play I played my carrier, a Bogue... good to see them balance the divebombers.... but oh my, the torp squadron was just a sitting duck
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Tuna

Quote from: Windigo on May 20, 2016, 10:33:53 AM
Squadron'd up with two friends last night - all in Molotov's. We were flinging HE. Great fun. Lost just 2 matches all night and they were still close ones.

Before that sweet game play I played my carrier, a Bogue... good to see them balance the divebombers.... but oh my, the torp squadron was just a sitting duck

lol.. I wonder if we faced against each other in one.. seem to remember a pair of Molatovs in one.

Windigo

Quote from: Tuna on May 20, 2016, 12:05:41 PM

lol.. I wonder if we faced against each other in one.. seem to remember a pair of Molatovs in one.

Its possible.... there were a few maps where the OPFOR refused to cooperate and waited for good tactical positioning before swapping ballistics
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Tuna

Quote from: Windigo on May 20, 2016, 01:40:43 PM

Its possible.... there were a few maps where the OPFOR refused to cooperate and waited for good tactical positioning before swapping ballistics

Did you notice Htuna, NefariousK or 2ndAcr on the rosters?

Nefaro

I think there were three Molotovs in once squadron, actually.

Probably WAS them.  ;D

I recall getting a big citadel salvo on one of them, while attempting to move into a cap zone.  Then every enemy in sight started pummeling me.   :buck2:

Hancock

I seem to remember a battle where Chijohnaok, 2ndAcr and me (Rowboat_Bait) were div'd up, and who should we see running a Tirpitz on the red team but our resident evil doer Nef.......he attracted a lot of fire from that division that night.. :)
"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

Jack Nastyface

One question and one anecdote:
question:  Does joining a division mean that the matchup system will try to put you in the same game as other players from your division?
Anecdote:  Played one game last night where me and two other cruisers kept a proper line of battle for most of the game.  I was pleasantly surprised at how much hate we could throw at the enemy when we stuck in formation and focused on targets.  Just go to show you that historical tactics probably work even in games like this.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Tuna

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on May 21, 2016, 03:42:29 PM
question:  Does joining a division mean that the matchup system will try to put you in the same game as other players from your division?
Anecdote:  Played one game last night where me and two other cruisers kept a proper line of battle for most of the game.  I was pleasantly surprised at how much hate we could throw at the enemy when we stuck in formation and focused on targets.  Just go to show you that historical tactics probably work even in games like this.

Yep in a division you are on the same team in the same game. Your Division mates will even be a different color so they stick out on the map for you. Note: When getting in a division you want to make a point of being in the same Tier. Else sometimes the Match Maker system will be very cruel and drag you up and it can be very painful for the lower tier division mate.

Nefaro

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on May 21, 2016, 03:42:29 PM

It always puts you in the same match.  Plus you spawn next to each other.  Limit of 3 players in a Division, however.

A recent habit I've adopted is using the F3 key to issue a "Focus fire on this target" call-out to the whole team.

It's a bit of a pain in the ass, having to both place your aim point directly over an enemy ship while moving your keyboard hand over to hit F3.  But it can definitely end a pesky enemy target faster because nearby teammates often switch fire to them, once they see the on-screen flash & voice message. 

I tend to use it most on enemy DDs which have recently popped up nearby, and are attempting to get back out of sight before getting hit too much.

Quote from: Hancock on May 21, 2016, 01:11:58 PM
I seem to remember a battle where Chijohnaok, 2ndAcr and me (Rowboat_Bait) were div'd up, and who should we see running a Tirpitz on the red team but our resident evil doer Nef.......he attracted a lot of fire from that division that night.. :)

My first match of the day, and that was my welcome.   :buck2: