Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

As a total premium vehicle whore, is the molotov worthwhile?

Nefaro

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on May 21, 2016, 04:44:57 PM

Reportedly a Glass Cannon Seal Clubber.

It is a Tier 6 Cruiser that uses a Tier 5 hull with Tier 9 guns

As if the Russian guns weren't OP enough in WoWS already.  ::)

If you enjoy citadel'ing enemy cruisers from range, and don't mind the longer reload times of the larger guns, then the Molotov is a good option for doing so.  It also does pretty well at causing fire & damage with HE from what some of the owners have said.

I probably would've picked it up by now, but I'm already sailing the Tier 6 Russkie Cruiser Budyonny.  Which also has crazy good (albeit smaller & faster firing) guns on it.  Will probably just keep that one for occasional future use.  Although I'm still tempted due to the bonus Credits for Premium ships.

Nefaro

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on May 21, 2016, 04:44:57 PM

Molotov Premium

Now with more Stalinium™ in the barrels.

Windigo

What Ned says. Glass cannons for sure. And if you don't get the improved steering upgrade its a wallowing beast. However,  the large guns and the HE make it a fun ship for laying down some fire havok

The Molotov is aptly named
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

Quote from: steve58 on May 23, 2016, 08:12:35 AM
Glad to see Wargaming.net is finally stepping up:

New Teamkilling Consequences

Illegal Mods and Consequences

Good.

But the most common issue I see, these days, is AFK'ing. 

Nearly every match has at least 1 person AFK'ing the whole match, or right up until they start taking fire at the end of the game.   

The latter group tells me that some of them are sitting at their computer, doing other stuff.  Possibly with the game minimized, only returning to it when they need to queue for another match .. or they start taking damage & need to run away in order to avoid the repair bill afterward.

Not sure if this is the Poor Kid's Bot, or what, since I've been seeing very few Bot users lately.  The few people using Bot mods must've been caught & then they resorted to this nonsense.

Tuna

They should let dead people take over AFK ships that would be cool!

Hancock

The Premium Ships are now available from Tech Tree in game for mucho dubloons:

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/prem-ships-tech-tree/
"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

Hancock

Quote from: Tuna on May 23, 2016, 08:26:20 PM
They should let dead people take over AFK ships that would be cool!

You volunteering or making a joke....... ;D
"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

Tuna

Not a joke at all, I'm serious.. You're in a division, you get killed.. You just sit there and watch for the rest of the match. Why not let the dead people take over the ships that haven't moved the whole match.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on May 24, 2016, 07:01:25 AM
Not a joke at all, I'm serious.. You're in a division, you get killed.. You just sit there and watch for the rest of the match. Why not let the dead people take over the ships that haven't moved the whole match.

It's a good idea, but would never happen.

The AFKers would complain that they couldn't go AFK for 10 minutes & then come back to begin playing halfway through the match because someone else was running their ship.  :2funny:

2ndACR pointed out that he's also seen some of them AFK for half the battle, who then (finally) start playing just to clean up easy kills on some of the heavily damaged opponents.  Must be the serious Stat Whores, because I don't think you get extra awards for securing a kill .. unless it's the flag reward for getting a Kraken (5 kills).

Tuna

Wow, never thought of that.. lol. what fun is that!.. Would think they would be prime target for carriers. Maybe they should make AA off by default!

Tuna

Going in now for lunch missions!  O0

steve58

Dasha tells us about 0.5.6  ^-^

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

^I think Dasha must have inspired me.  Just had a great game in my Minekaze. 

The Kirov was my first kill.  He had slipped past an island and I was going to let my teammates in the vicinity take care of him, but on a whim I slap-shotted some torps right/behind at the island in case he backed up...and what do ya know, he did. :D  Ended up getting the Ognevoi too O0