Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on May 27, 2016, 01:18:27 PM
Jeez, 2nd don't mind dragging Chi up!... No wonder Chi never plays!  :2funny:

Poor Chi got detonated, too.   :-[   

He was doing great up until that point.  Lucky shot by enemy did him in too early.  We'll miss him.

Tuna

lol.. the narrator did say he was helpful even when dead!... But you go scolded for leaving the cap.. I wonder how 'good' this guy is when he plays the game!  :crazy2:

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on May 27, 2016, 02:47:34 PM
lol.. the narrator did say he was helpful even when dead!... But you go scolded for leaving the cap.. I wonder how 'good' this guy is when he plays the game!  :crazy2:

His stats are similar to mine.  Slightly better, even.  So he's no spring Warships chicken. 

Not saying we have godlike stats, but definitely above average.   :smiley6600:

He's generally correct, with the commentary, although he occasionally misses some of the player's thinking on the replay.  Understandable.  I was actually more concerned with dodging that Zao's possible torpedo spread & guns (not to mention the NO down south) than slowing to a stop in plain view.  Figured I could come back & get it after the threat lessened.

Tuna

I remember the first video you posted, I thought he said something that made me think he doesn't know that game that well.. Forget what it was..

Oh yeah.. He was like Benson's have to be careful, because they are detectable from far away!.. Like he didn't know about the 'concealment' mod.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Shelldrake on May 27, 2016, 11:30:32 AM
^ Good reasons to play this weekend. Now if I can only solve my crashing issue. Re-installing the game and verifying file integrity didn't make any difference.  :(

Updated all drivers and WOWs still crashes every 2nd or 3rd game. I will install WOWs on my Win10 laptop and see if that solves the problem.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Shelldrake

Quote from: Shelldrake on May 28, 2016, 11:16:02 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on May 27, 2016, 11:30:32 AM
^ Good reasons to play this weekend. Now if I can only solve my crashing issue. Re-installing the game and verifying file integrity didn't make any difference.  :(

Updated all drivers and WOWs still crashes every 2nd or 3rd game. I will install WOWs on my Win10 laptop and see if that solves the problem.

WOWs seems to work fine on my laptop. I will miss the larger screen on my desktop rig but at least I can play again without crashing.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Windigo

Bought myself a Tirp. Not a bad little piece of German engineering. My first BB over tier 5. The learning curve for firing at 20km + range was long and uncomfortable. That and realizing that many opfor engage at slower speeds. The ap performance must be good as I am citadelling now on a regular basis.
I have a lot more respect for enemie cruisers too.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Shelldrake

Ranked battles remind me of snakes and ladders! In my case mostly snakes.  :'(

Dean Edell

Hancock

Quote from: Windigo on May 31, 2016, 12:48:01 AM
Bought myself a Tirp. Not a bad little piece of German engineering. My first BB over tier 5. The learning curve for firing at 20km + range was long and uncomfortable. That and realizing that many opfor engage at slower speeds. The ap performance must be good as I am citadelling now on a regular basis.
I have a lot more respect for enemie cruisers too.

Bought the Tirpitz when they made it available for the second time.  Big mistake was not understanding how to best utilize it nor good tactics at the high tier engagements as I teamed up with a couple dudes who got us sucked up to Tier IX and X battles.  Yet I still enjoyed, particularly once I fully upgraded and got a commander with 12 points to spend.  So my overall stats in her not great, but the last 50 battles or so much improved and competitive even against the Yamatos and Iowas.  Bottom line, you will grow to love her.

As a side note, I just rolled out fully loaded North Carolina Tier VIII, so have some company to play with. 
"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

Nefaro

My unusually high scoring Ranked Battle..

Forgot how much I  :smitten: Fuso.

Windigo

Dear Nef,
Have I told you how much I love your vids?
No?
Well.... I do!!!!!
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Nefaro

Quote from: Windigo on June 13, 2016, 05:05:13 PM
Dear Nef,
Have I told you how much I love your vids?
No?
Well.... I do!!!!!

Thanks Windi! 

I tend to watch other peoples' WoWS playthroughs, not just for some casual entertainment, but to try and improve my situational awareness & see what I may have done differently (for better or worse).  Checking out the trends on the mini-map & enemy behaviors.

Watching a good match or two, before playing a session, tends to get me the proper focus to start off well.  Dunno what it is, exactly, but my first match of the day is usually a good one.

Hancock

Quote from: Nefaro on June 10, 2016, 06:57:27 PM
My unusually high scoring Ranked Battle..

Forgot how much I  :smitten: Fuso.

Nef, you are my new best girlfriend!!  I luuuuuuuv battleships.

...knew I'd get to use that back at ya someday :smitten:
"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

jomni

Quote from: Hancock on June 19, 2016, 04:30:55 PM
Nef, you are my new best girlfriend[\quote]

Nefaro

I got turned into a prison bitch.  C:-)