Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Soooo, I actually took four torps from a friendly DD the other night. How the hell you get to T8 and still make serious oopsies is beyond me.
If he wasn't so apologetic I would have broadsided his ass.

On another note, I firmly committed to learning how to manually launch torps from planes....  O! M! F! G!
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Nefaro

Quote from: Windigo on June 24, 2016, 04:29:16 PM

On another note, I firmly committed to learning how to manually launch torps from planes....  O! M! F! G!

OP, right there.

Once you get some experience manually launching torpedoes from TBs, there's nothing a target ship can do.  Guaranteed hits.  The main reason I regularly avoid high tier matches in BBs and CAs.  Some of those CV players, who have used manual drops long enough to get their carriers to T8+, can kill you with impunity from across the map and there's nothing you can do about it other than hope you're not the one they're picking on at the moment.

I see BB drivers complain about destroyer torpedoes, but anyone who's played destroyers for awhile know how to take preventative measures & avoid whole spreads before even spotting them.  It's the Air Cancer torpedo bombers which can be utterly unavoidable.

Windigo

Now having said that Nef, a good fighter screen will ruin their whole day. I know some CVs go fighter heavy and they are my bane. I try to lure them into the warm reception of a good allied AA ship but they are typically patient and not prone to over reaction.... if I send in a decoy flight, they using just send enough to do the job and maintain a picket.

I know that if my team is good the ships with great AA usually identify them selves in battle and do not turn it off. (really BB?? you have your AA off for increased stealth??)
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Nefaro

I pray that my team's CV player(s) have brought some figthers.  But that's so often not the case.

Actually, I think the majority of them go nearly all Bomber loadout in an attempt to get in those quick easy kills early on.  Not surprising because the game literally rewards bombing far more than shooting down hordes of bombers.

I'd estimate only 1 in 6 matches I've had feature a CV teammate with fighter loadout capable & willing to protect his teammates.   Many are just out for quick & easy money/xp before their planes all get shot down, and damn the team.  Has made me rather bitter about seeing CVs in my matches.

steve58

Sorry Tuna, no guns in this one  :coolsmiley:

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Tuna

I finally got my Fubuki! Now I have to go through the slow grind of upgrading it!.. First purchase the concealment Mod  O0

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on June 26, 2016, 09:40:54 AM
I finally got my Fubuki! Now I have to go through the slow grind of upgrading it!.. First purchase the concealment Mod  O0

Shelldrake

I just got the Kiev. A bit fragile but really fast and its 6 guns pack a punch. More like a pocket cruiser that really puts the smack down on Japanese destroyers.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Tuna

Quote from: Shelldrake on June 27, 2016, 07:44:29 PM
More like a pocket cruiser that really puts the smack down on Japanese destroyers.

Hey! What do you have against Japanese destroyers!!!!!  :-\

Nefaro

mirth

I don't even play World of Warships and that made me laugh.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Tuna

Thanks something to watch while I do 'another' update!

Shelldrake

Finally got my Mikasa predreadnought battleship - odd that it didn't come with a captain.  ???
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Tuna

Quote from: Shelldrake on July 15, 2016, 11:21:00 AM
Finally got my Mikasa predreadnought battleship - odd that it didn't come with a captain.  ???

Think I've got like 13 more to go to get that.. Bummer on the Captain the tier II DD, I was able to put the Captain on a better ship before I sold it. Can you still sell it to get a free port slot?

steve58

WG's Anniversary!  A Spectacular Party!

We've been here for a while, and whether you've been with us all the way or downloaded World of Warships yesterday, you're invited to our party!

Celebrate our anniversary weekend with a x3 XP bonus and discounts, missions, and more!

Get a sneak peek at August Events.

Bundles and Discounts | Weekend Missions
Anniversary Weekend Bundles and Discounts
Starts August 5 at 04:20 PT / 07:20 ET
Ends August 8 at 04:20 PT / 07:20 ET

x3 First-Win Bonus

Several deals in the Premium Store ($7.99 Parking Pass, USS Smith DD, Lo Yang is back, etc)

-15% Off (Credits) for All Regular Ships, Tiers VIII-X

-40% Off (Doubloons) for Commander Skill Reset

Increased Doubloon-to-Credit Conversion: 1 Doubloon = 1,650 Credits (From the usual 1=1,500)

Bonus on Doubloon to XP Conversion: 1 Doubloon = 35 XP (From the usual 1=25)

-30% Off (Credits) on Ship Upgrades

-40% Off (Doubloons)for dismounting Ship Upgrades

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/wg-versary/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)