World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on October 11, 2016, 04:28:00 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 11, 2016, 11:27:45 AM
Nef is going in today.  Who's up?

Quote from: republic on September 15, 2016, 10:29:09 AM
If we have a clan I'd like to join.  World of Warships is about the only game I have time to play these days.  I had a great battle in my Arizona last night, last week I had an amazing slog out between me in a Nassau and a stock Kongo....that Nassau is a tough old gal.

Do I have you on my in-game Friend List, Republic? 

What is your WoWS handle?

I was on this afternoon with Boom.. we must've just missed ya!

My run ended up being shorter than initially planned.

Still inching closer to getting my hardware mapped for sim'ing in DCS again.  So I may get even more scarce.

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on October 11, 2016, 08:09:54 PM
Quote from: Tuna on October 11, 2016, 04:28:00 PM
Nef is going in today.  Who's up?

Quote from: republic on September 15, 2016, 10:29:09 AM
If we have a clan I'd like to join.  World of Warships is about the only game I have time to play these days.  I had a great battle in my Arizona last night, last week I had an amazing slog out between me in a Nassau and a stock Kongo....that Nassau is a tough old gal.

I was on this afternoon with Boom.. we must've just missed ya!

My run ended up being shorter than initially planned.

Still inching closer to getting my hardware mapped for sim'ing in DCS again.  So I may get even more scarce.

Wouldn't mind trying some DCS MP!

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on October 11, 2016, 09:12:38 PM

Wouldn't mind trying some DCS MP!

We'll have to do some Co-Op.   O0

Tuna

My attempts so far haven't been very pretty!  :idiot2:

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on October 12, 2016, 02:52:32 PM
My attempts so far haven't been very pretty!  :idiot2:

I can try to learn ya.  The F-15 is the easiest aircraft in DCS.  It's just a matter of mapping & memorizing the key commands you need.  The rest is stick cheese.

Luckily ED finally patched DCS World so that you can map all that stuff while in the sim.  Before that you had to exit, every damn time, to make changes. 

Or, if you're more comfortable with WW2 planes, I'd also be up for some IL-2: Battle Of Stalingrad.  If you have it.   

Although I consider constantly jockeying the engine management on those prop planes more of a headache than occasionally punching a key/button in a 4th Gen jet fighter.  I've not really delved into the engine management for BOS yet, having only done a short stretch on a multi-player server set to "simplified" difficulty (no engine mgt plus tags over nearby planes).  Want full realism server eventually, though.

steve58

0.5.13 is out and that means the Royal Navy has arrived, well at least some CLs...

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/british-cruiser-video/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Dammit Carl!

Still boggles the mind that one of the premier navies of 20th century history has not been a playable nationality (minus the odd premium ship or two) up until this point, but hey...Wargaming... :P

Tuna

Well you get a ship slot and the tier I... one battle was enough to move up.

Shelldrake

Looking forward to playing through this line.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Quote from: Shelldrake on October 19, 2016, 01:55:43 PM
Looking forward to playing through this line.

Same.  I hope the minimized the huge above-water citadel hit boxes in these CLs.  Many of the others are massive one-shot kills when they get caught turning.  ::)

Would only get worse, at higher tiers.

Shelldrake

HMS Black Swan was in reality a sloop-of-war, kind of a super corvette, rather than a true light cruiser. It also seems an odd decision to start the line with a WW2 ship and then move on to a WW1 ship that was a true light cruiser. It would have made more sense in my opinion to start the line with a pre-WW1 protected cruiser.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Windigo

Couple of days ago I play Warshits. Haven't played in a while. Looking forward to charging in close range with my Tirpitz. On our side is a pink destroyer. *shrug* must be a little sloppy with his torps

My mistake, the bastard is a crafty little TK'r. Put 4 torps into me with about 4 minutes left and the game well in hand. Totally caught me by surprise as we collaborated well for most of the game.... asshole
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Nefaro

Quote from: Windigo on October 20, 2016, 03:27:53 PM
Couple of days ago I play Warshits. Haven't played in a while. Looking forward to charging in close range with my Tirpitz. On our side is a pink destroyer. *shrug* must be a little sloppy with his torps

My mistake, the bastard is a crafty little TK'r. Put 4 torps into me with about 4 minutes left and the game well in hand. Totally caught me by surprise as we collaborated well for most of the game.... asshole

I'm pretty sure they still have a hard limit on monthly TKs before that account gets banned.  Probably kinda high number though. 

Maybe that dickhole figures he can expend a few for free?

I once killed a pink teammate, shortly after spawning into the match, because his little destroyer started shooting another teammate of ours.  So I Deep Six'd his ass.  Turned me pink for about 6 matches afterward, but it was SOOO worth it.  I loathe those asshats. 

Tuna and someone else was there.   ;D

republic

My WoWS name is Republic47

I was disappointed to not see a County class cruiser in the British list.  :\

trek

Right now I'm positively addicted to WOW. I just purchased the Warspite and have now grinded enough to get the Kongo, Kaiser and Wyoming. In the process of upgrading them all. Had some cruisers but sold them. Not my type of play. I go from one extreme to another as I only like playing BB's or DD's. Have two premium DD's, Kamikaze and Lo Yang. Love the Yang and in my 3rd try with her I put four fish into an enemy BB and took her down. Sunk right after that one, but what a ride in that match. Really love this game!