Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

"Mighty Mo" is available today for a mere 750,000 free XP.....guess I won't be getting this anytime soon.  :wow:
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Quote from: Shelldrake on December 06, 2016, 02:47:19 PM
"Mighty Mo" is available today for a mere 750,000 free XP.....guess I won't be getting this anytime soon.  :wow:

Just glad they're doing some extras other than that ARP nonsense.   Good riddance to that waste of dev time.

Hartford688

Enjoying my Farragut a lot.

But just now "won" a Steven Seagal captain. Swiftly retired from the Reserve. Not that desperate for a 6 point captain. Certainly not on my precious Farragut...that needs a U.S. captain, not a Russian one. Brian Powers, as it happens.

Nefaro

Quote from: Hartford688 on December 10, 2016, 08:57:49 AM
Enjoying my Farragut a lot.

But just now "won" a Steven Seagal captain. Swiftly retired from the Reserve. Not that desperate for a 6 point captain. Certainly not on my precious Farragut...that needs a U.S. captain, not a Russian one. Brian Powers, as it happens.

Are you kidding?

An fresh 6-point Captain is always welcome.  Because I tend to keep ships that I enjoy, after XP'ing out of them.  So more captains with points, the better.

Plus...   'ole Steven Seagal's voiceover work in WoWS sounds like he's high as a kite.    <:-)

It can be difficult to hear him, with gunfire and explosions in the background, but I get a laugh out of it sometimes.  Not quite Spiccoli territory, but close.   :2funny:

I dropped Captain Seagal into my Tier 10 Gearing destroyer.  Don't play it much, anyway, since the constant swarm of Tier 10 CV planes hunting you down every match just sucks the joy out of playing DD up there.

Hartford688

Quote from: Nefaro on December 10, 2016, 09:11:16 AM

Plus...   'ole Steven Seagal's voiceover work in WoWS sounds like he's high as a kite.    <:-)

It can be difficult to hear him, with gunfire and explosions in the background, but I get a laugh out of it sometimes.  Not quite Spiccoli territory, but close.   :2funny:

;D

Nefaro

Quote from: Hartford688 on December 10, 2016, 09:50:07 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 10, 2016, 09:11:16 AM

;D

I regularly make fun of it when we're in Teamspeak.  Got my own 'Stoner Seagal' impression now.    <:-)

steve58

German DDs coming in tomorrow's update (0.5.16).  Front firing tubes on the T2-4 could be interesting.

Found some specs on them over or reddit.  Not sure how accurate, but its more info that I found on WoWS...

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Shelldrake

^Excellent...another line to try out! I hope to have time to join Nef and Tuna on TS in some battles over the holidays.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Hartford688

Time to play a fastfiring cruiser then...good for British CLs

But I'll rest my BBs for a while 😊

Tuna

British CA's don't have HE though, which is better for killing DDs

Hartford688

True, though RN CL AP seems rather nastier to DDs than other countries; I read somewhere that it has a different delay on the fuse (not 100% sure is true, but is what I read).

For sure don't plan on swanning around in my Konig or Kongo though, when the other team is 11 German DDs...

bboyer66

I can confirm that British Cruiser AP shredds DDs as well as cruisers.   

Really enjoying the British Cruiser line so far. They are jacks of all trades and just seem to suit my play style.

Shelldrake

I agree with bboyer. My Leander is lethal to DDs and other CAs and more than one BB has gone down as a result of a torp spread. I am looking forward to leveling up to the Fiji.

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Fiji is stupendous fun.

Edinburgh is almost exactly the same but getting into the highest-tier matchmaking means those 15 and 16" battleship guns will tear through you no matter how well you are angled.  So you learn to be even sneakier.

The Tier 9 & 10s look to be even squishier.  If that's even possible.  But armed with AP sandblasters.  :cowboy:

steve58

...saw this code (NZGJK3HKB6M45Y2S) floating around on the WoWS forums for a free day of Premium.  Hadn't tried it yet, so can't vouch for it, and it seems to work for some, not others, but worth a shot...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)