Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Hartford688 on February 07, 2017, 02:17:16 PM
Quote from: steve58 on February 07, 2017, 02:07:37 PM
Update 0.6.1 scheduled for tomorrow (8 Feb).  Lots of changes...

Thank you - and omg reducing spotting range on Pensacola! That will make life a little better. Grinding through her and it is...painful.

Should've done that a year ago.    :knuppel2:

Now if they'd increase the comparatively low HP on the T8 and T9 US cruisers... 

Hartford688

Valentines Day camo for ships.

Up there with the ARP ships for ugly stupidity.

steve58

OK, the Russian DD line split will happen with the 0.6.2 update scheduled for March 6th.

You may want to add a Russian DD or 2 to your port as the split will be similar to the IJN DD line split in that you can end up with a 2-for-1 deal and some credits to boot.  More info here.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Shelldrake

^good advise Steve. Thanks for the heads up.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Tuna

What line did the Japanese split start? I forget, V?

steve58

Yup IJN split started at V, and then WG went and nerfed some of the lower tiers too  >:(
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Tuna

IJN split prompted me to buy the Kamikaze, to replace my beloved nerfed Minekaze.

Hancock

Quote from: Tuna on March 03, 2017, 12:50:34 PM
IJN split prompted me to buy the Kamikaze, to replace my beloved nerfed Minekaze.

You did ok last night, I'd say.  As a BB guy, too many DD's and can't keep up with the armament ranges, etc. with all the nerfing/buffing, etc.  Just load and HE and blast em.
"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

Hartford688

Due to Tuna's suggestion, I have spent WAAY too much time grinding the Soviet DD line today...made it to halfway through the Tier 4.

Should be able to reach the Gevny tomorrow and then the split gives me the new T5 DD, plus the Gevny upgraded to T6.

So it really wasn't a waste of a day stuck to a PC screen...was it???

Bad Tuna.

Tuna

Quote from: Hartford688 on March 04, 2017, 12:59:45 PM
Due to Tuna's suggestion, I have spent WAAY too much time grinding the Soviet DD line today...made it to halfway through the Tier 4.

Should be able to reach the Gevny tomorrow and then the split gives me the new T5 DD, plus the Gevny upgraded to T6.

Bad Tuna.

Actually really bad Tuna, watching the 'video' on the Split, it looks like it's not the same as the Japanese one.. it's going to happen at the higher tiers.. VIII, IX and I think X.. I'm grinding my Kiev trying to get the tier VIII one.

Hartford688

Quote from: Tuna on March 04, 2017, 01:40:28 PM
Quote from: Hartford688 on March 04, 2017, 12:59:45 PM

Bad Tuna.

Actually really bad Tuna, watching the 'video' on the Split, it looks like it's not the same as the Japanese one.. it's going to happen at the higher tiers.. VIII, IX and I think X.. I'm grinding my Kiev trying to get the tier VIII one.

If I understand correctly, this one is a bit more complicated than the Japanese one.

The T5 (Gevny) gets replaced at T5 and becomes T6. T5 becomes a new ship, the Podvoisky.

The old T6 (Ognevoi) now moves to be T8 (!) in new line.

The old T7 (Kiev) becomes T8 in "old" line.

T7 becomes a new ship, the Minsk.

So basically if I read correctly, if you have a T5 or above you will get a bonus.

A bit convoluted. But hey, is fun. My first Soviet ships...the torpedoes aren't so impressive, but guns are very accurate.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/patch-notes-062/

Tuna

Thanks.. I guess I'll buy back my tier V and VIs then!

Shelldrake

I bought back my tier 5 and already have the 7 and 8 so should make out ok when the Russian dd line splits.   O0
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Hartford688

Quote from: Shelldrake on March 04, 2017, 05:54:14 PM
I bought back my tier 5 and already have the 7 and 8 so should make out ok when the Russian dd line splits.   O0

You're a big ship man!

I only have one T7 at all (Pensacola).

Two T6 cruisers, one T6 BB and one T6 DD. Plenty of T5s, which I think are a bit of a sweet spot. Still want my Leander though.

And...got my Gnevny :)

Tuna

I think the matches that are the most fun are Tier 5 to 7... Above that people run and hide, because they don't want to pay repair costs on their ships.