Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hancock

While I agree with Tuna to some extent, have had the occasional whale of a match at Tier IX, even when dragged up with my VIII battleships.

Took my first foray with the Tier IX battleship Iowa last night.  With it fully mod'd and upgraded, experienced captain, had a satisfactory outing considering it was the first.  Got my first kill...............and appropriately enough it was a Tier IX destroyer. >:D >:D  Dodged her 8 torp onslaught, literally sailed through them just as his safe space dissolved.  9 main battery fully loaded plus secondaries with dispersion reduction captain skill.  20k+ HP vaporized in an instant.  It was lovely to watch a smoking dd settling into the water early in the morning...............
"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

Hartford688

Quote from: Hancock on March 05, 2017, 10:37:12 AM
It was lovely to watch a smoking dd settling into the water early in the morning...............

Plenty of people have got to savour that pleasure this morning, courtesy of myself and my trusty Soviet DDs...

Hancock

Quote from: Hartford688 on March 05, 2017, 11:43:34 AM
Quote from: Hancock on March 05, 2017, 10:37:12 AM
It was lovely to watch a smoking dd settling into the water early in the morning...............

Plenty of people have got to savour that pleasure this morning, courtesy of myself and my trusty Soviet DDs...

:2funny:
"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

Tuna

Picked up the Texas today.. of course not one CV to seen :-(

Hartford688

Quote from: Tuna on March 05, 2017, 02:20:22 PM

Of course.

If I want to be sure MM will not select a CV match, I always pick my AAA specced Cleveland. Works a charm.

Destraex

I am on the NA servers and just ground my way to the Bayern... want to eventually get the Gneisenau (spelling). But it's 100,000 or so XP away!!!
The 3 in a division thing really gets me down though.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

steve58

Looks like we'll be getting French cruisers next.  Hope that means a freebie T1 w/slot as WG has done in the past with a new nation release. :smitten:

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Hartford688

French cruisers seem a slightly unusual choice - the French navy I thought was pretty marginal in both world wars, and I wouldn't have guessed the French market was so big as to drive this.

More British ships would seem more obvious , plus the Italian navy.

Still - more is good. Will be interesting to see them, learn something new.

Hancock

Quote from: Tuna on March 05, 2017, 02:20:22 PM

Love the Texas.  The AA is nuts, but, at that tier, the extra mid ship turret bumps the main battery awesome, particularly at short range duking it out.  Below is a typical performance if not dragged up into a mostly Tier VII/Tier VI battle.  Plus all the benefits of Premium Ship.

Tuna

It was on sale, and I figured it could help train Captains too!

Shelldrake

I would have preferred British battleships or a heavy cruiser line but some of the French cruisers look very interesting. For example, the Dugyay-Trouin will be a monster in tier 4 battles with its 4x2 6" guns. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_cruiser_Duguay-Trouin
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Hartford688

Quote from: Tuna on March 06, 2017, 10:30:11 AM

Do let us know if you enjoy it...it got rather favourable reviews, but always good to hear from someone here. I do love lots of AA.

So your suggestion has put the Texas on my "next time I'm tempted to buy a Premium ship", along with the Atlanta and Belfast. And after them, Scharnhorst.

Thoroughly enjoy my Warspite.

JasonPratt

French cruiser line somehow >>= the British battleship line (Prince of Wales etc.)  :idiot2: :crazy2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tuna

Quote from: Hartford688 on March 06, 2017, 02:34:53 PM
Quote from: Tuna on March 06, 2017, 10:30:11 AM

Do let us know if you enjoy it...it got rather favourable reviews, but always good to hear from someone here. I do love lots of AA.

So your suggestion has put the Texas on my "next time I'm tempted to buy a Premium ship", along with the Atlanta and Belfast. And after them, Scharnhorst.

Thoroughly enjoy my Warspite.

Well one reason I grabbed it was because it was on sale. Not sure if it still is.

Tuna

Ok.. so I earned the Tier VIII Tashkent during the weekend. That became a Tier IX with the update (nice upgrade for free).. I now have two Tier VIIIs  Ognevoi and Kiev.. so I guess I made out in the split going from a Tier VII and Tier VIII to a tier VII, two VIIIs and a IX!