Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

What are your in game names?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Tuna

Shelldrake

I'm Shelldrake2 in game.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

bboyer66

Great time yesterday.

So in one battle, in my German tier IX BB. Me and 2 other ships are kicking ass and taking names at one cap, while our main force is getting their asses kicked at another. Of course they all start whining and blaming me for their asses being kicked. At this point I have 760000 damage done and 1 BB kill in the first 6 minutes of the game. Of course these bozos just keep telling me how much I suck as I go on to kill 3 more ships and end with around 210000 in damage. Somewhere along the line I told them they were clueless and to STFU, and apparently they reported me because I was chat banned for 24 hours LOL. Of course I was the top damage dealer, and XP getter on our team, which we wound up winning.

Later I am playing in my Russian Tier VIII cruiser.  We are winning the battle pretty handily and I am chasing a DD that is harassing us from the edge of the map. I get some hits on him before he goes out of viewing range. Then I turn on my radar, light him up, and shoot the shit out of him at about 9-10 Km to finish him off. He promptly messages that I am a cheater and using some "Warpack" hack. After the match he messages me and tell me to enjoy my ban for cheating. Of course I am chat banned and could not respond LOL. 

The meta at the higher tiers is getting crazy. BBs and cruisers just sit back at long range and do very little damage. If you play aggressively , your team just sits back and watch you get focus fired. Simple tactics like massing more firepower, and attacking the enemy lines weakpoints are beyond most of the players.

However in ranked battles, at tier VII, a totally different story. Players play agressively, get the caps, and attack as a team.  WHile I am not a big fan of Tier VII ships, the battles are far more satisfying then the random tier X BS.

Nefaro

Quote from: Hartford688 on March 06, 2017, 08:33:46 AM
French cruisers seem a slightly unusual choice - the French navy I thought was pretty marginal in both world wars, and I wouldn't have guessed the French market was so big as to drive this.

More British ships would seem more obvious , plus the Italian navy.

Still - more is good. Will be interesting to see them, learn something new.

Yes, more is good.

I still get the feeling that the devs are thumbing their nose at the Brits by holding back their BBs and DDs.  Also would've expected the Italians to have a notable showing before the French.  *shrug*

Nefaro

Quote from: bboyer66 on March 07, 2017, 11:57:05 AM

The meta at the higher tiers is getting crazy. BBs and cruisers just sit back at long range and do very little damage. If you play aggressively , your team just sits back and watch you get focus fired. Simple tactics like massing more firepower, and attacking the enemy lines weakpoints are beyond most of the players.

That's why I tend to enjoy Tiers 5-7 the most.  Tier 8 is also a lot of fun - in those rare matches where you are top tier, or there is only one or two T9s, tops.  But didn't see those very often; you're usually just bait for T9 & T10 matches.

There are rare top-tier matches in which one side pushes as one and just steamroll the spread-out kiters and campers on the enemy team.  Even more rare.  Usually ends up with a small portion of the team pushing ahead while the rest hang out in back, constantly ducking behind islands and blocking their own guns from firing.  :-\  Then there is the top tier CV harassment, which is a whole 'nutha Oprah.  :tickedoff:

Destraex

My crazy mate says
Mate: Let me flush out those destroyers with my battleship
Smoke all around.
I follow and predictably blow up.
Me: That's the last time I follow you in with a BB to take on Destroyers.
Mate: Didn't you see the way I was manoeuvring?
Mate thinks he is doing well by somehow out turning the destroyers at 3-4km range in smoke.
Me: Are you kidding me?
Mate blows up for no gain.

JasonPratt

I would really think you need to get into reliable groups at the higher tiers anyway.

(I'm still stuck on Tier 3 and 4, and will be a long time before I get everyone in my garage pulled up to 5. Longer because I'm easily distracted into playing other games and working on other projects. ;) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 08, 2017, 09:04:17 AM
I would really think you need to get into reliable groups at the higher tiers anyway.

(I'm still stuck on Tier 3 and 4, and will be a long time before I get everyone in my garage pulled up to 5. Longer because I'm easily distracted into playing other games and working on other projects. ;) )

Your overall win rate increase steadily, the more people you squadron with.  For obvious reasons.  It isn't a massive gain, but it's the norm.

It's just surprising how straight that increasing line is, on a graph, from playing solo to having the maximum 3 people in your group.  :nerd:

Tuna

I still have a couple tier IVs when you want to division up. IIIs are long gone though. Get to V as fast as you can ;-). 2ndacr had us in. Tier X matches last night. Very costly if you don't do well.

DennisS

Just played a game with my tier III US cruiser, the St. Louis. I was top dawg on the team, and knew that I would do some damage. I sailed right on into the thick of things, and got the Kracken Unleashed award, and a stupid amount of exp and credits. GREAT fun!

Destraex

Don't get in close to a German cruiser:

steve58

Quote from: Destraex on March 09, 2017, 04:45:12 AM
Don't get in close to a German cruiser:

Destraex, I had trouble viewing the video.  You might want to check out this thread Staggerwing started on posting videos.  O0

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Destraex

Cool thanks. Other forums are fine. Guess I have to get the alternate one for this forum.

steve58

One of my better games and my 5th Kraken :), but it was a defeat  :(  Still love the Konigsberg.

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)