Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartford688

Quote from: steve58 on March 09, 2017, 12:00:46 PM
One of my better games and my 5th Kraken :), but it was a defeat  :(  Still love the Konigsberg.

Impressive!

Nefaro

Now I know why some enemies were spotting me coming around a corner, at point blank range, before they showed up on my screen.

Was a mod.   Now it's an in-game "feature" you can turn on.  Fookeen Wargaming.  Balance your shit (and dump the mod hacks).   :knuppel2:

(You guys should turn this crap on if you don't want to be playing at a disadvantage)

Tuna

Yeah.. noticed this the other day, I said that to 2nd.. it's like even if you didn't look when the shp was visible. you hold down alt and see what that 'last known ship' icon was, as in type of ship.

Hartford688

My first ever Kraken Unleashed :)

And I know it is sad that it took so long to score one, but...I did it in a T-22!

DennisS

Quote from: Hartford688 on March 11, 2017, 04:20:37 AM

And I know it is sad that it took so long to score one, but...I did it in a T-22!

It might be easier for an experienced player to get a Kracken using a very low tier ships...if the opposing team was made up of noobs. Sorry to rain on your parade..I have yet o get a Kracken.  :)

steve58

Congrats!   O0
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Hancock

Discussion around the Texas Tier V BB on another thread.....AA is a bit scary........

"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

Tuna

But the Carrier still got cha!.. Still haven't seen a carrier with my Texas :-(

Hancock

Yeah, there were actually 2 carriers a side in this one.  We got beat up good, the CVs kept after me in particular.........not a good strategy at Tier V or VI vs this AA beast.
"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

Hartford688

Thanks guys re my Kraken 😊

Texas looks fun, will get when next on sale.

I am thinking on trying at CVs - I'll miss my naval eye candy, but EU server anyway needs more CV players. Now watching the idiot's guides on YouTube.

Nefaro

Congrats!

The rate at which you get them will slowly increase over time.  Extra flags!  O0

Had to go see how many I've got now.  Been awhile since looking..

Shelldrake

Congrats! I can't seem to do anything with my T-22.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Destraex

Quote from: Hartford688 on March 11, 2017, 12:04:24 PM
Thanks guys re my Kraken 😊

Texas looks fun, will get when next on sale.

I am thinking on trying at CVs - I'll miss my naval eye candy, but EU server anyway needs more CV players. Now watching the idiot's guides on YouTube.

It seems that people who were referred using a referral link are getting a free texas atm. As in the new player not the old player.
https://playtogether.worldofwarships.com/
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Hancock

Texas relatively cheap for a Premium boat, but this is a nice deal all the same.  New player jumping to a Tier V battle might be a challenge until they work out the mechanics of the game play.

bboyer66

Just made it to Rank 5 in ranked play. Recieved a nice little flag that gives me 20% off repair costs. Will be nice for my tier x ships. Starting to get a little burned out on the game now. Think I will take a sabatical for a while.

Let me list my favorite ships

1. Minotaur: Paper thin armor, only AP guns. But it can throw out shells at a crazy rate.  Anything that shows its sides to you including BBs will quickly melt. Has the best detection range of any cruiser. Has the enhanced repair party which repairs large chunks of damage. Good torps, and a smokescreen.  Most OP ship as long as you don't get complacent hiding in the smokescreen.

2. Zao: Good detection range. good torps, and guns that light everything on fire.  Rarely use the torps because there is too much risk in showing your broadside, but the torps are some of the best if you get off a salvo.

3. Friedrich der Große: Great Armor. Excellent secondary guns  that shoot out past 10k.  Upgraded main guns are not that accurate, but hit hard when they actually hit something. A great brawler that shines best leading an attack, taking damage, and dealing out damage at close range.