Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Destraex

HTuna & Shelldrake2 I added you both. Are you guys in a regular group?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Tuna

Been on a lil rest doing Vicky2 and Thea Awakening, but I will be back!  >:D

Destraex

Yes this game burns people out. This is the first time in years I have played regularly and that is mainly due to naval action patches being a little thin on the ground currently.

Nefaro

Quote from: Destraex on March 16, 2017, 12:28:32 AM
Yes this game burns people out. This is the first time in years I have played regularly and that is mainly due to naval action patches being a little thin on the ground currently.

I keep coming back to it.  Which is a good sign, because I only do that with a small percentage of the games I've played.

Just gotta take extensive breaks sometimes. 

steve58

Some specials this weekend:

Free XP Conversion Discount! 1= 35 XP     (Standard Rate is 1 = 25 XP)

50% Credit Discount on Tier II-V Cruisers

50% Doubloon Discount on Aurora and Emden

x2 First-Win XP Bonus!

Saint Patrick's Day

Win five (5) Random, or Ranked battles.

• May use any ship
• Once per account

Reward

• 1x St. Patrick's Flag
• 5x St. Patrick's Camo

p.s. 

If you want to add yet another useless flag to your port, use this code:  JU5TT35T1NGL01Z

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Destraex

Thanks for the code. Love the flag :)

Tuna

Got my camo last night and converted all my XP! Thanks for the info.  O0

Slick Wilhelm

Played my first game in a couple of months last night. Meh, the disappearing destroyers was annoying as usual. I don't know how wargaming thought THAT was a good adjustment to the game.

I love the detail on the ships, but I find the game play lacking compared to World of Tanks.

Tuna

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on March 19, 2017, 09:47:41 AM
Played my first game in a couple of months last night. Meh, the disappearing destroyers was annoying as usual. I don't know how wargaming thought THAT was a good adjustment to the game.

I love the detail on the ships, but I find the game play lacking compared to World of Tanks.

You have to team up with people who help you fight the DDs.. the game is awesome because of the different facets of the game. DD is not an easy life you know.. and then neither is cruisers.. BB's are relatively safe if they stay back and they have good team support fighting the dds.. Every class has it's advantages and disadvantages.. when people complain about one class and they nerf it to appease, it hurts the game. All BBs just becomes World of Tanks.. boring....

DennisS

Quote from: Tuna on March 19, 2017, 11:44:30 AM
Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on March 19, 2017, 09:47:41 AM

You have to team up with people who help you fight the DDs.. the game is awesome because of the different facets of the game. DD is not an easy life you know.. and then neither is cruisers.. BB's are relatively safe if they stay back and they have good team support fighting the dds.. Every class has it's advantages and disadvantages.. when people complain about one class and they nerf it to appease, it hurts the game. All BBs just becomes World of Tanks.. boring....

There is value in playing a destroyer now...zipping in front of a cruiser screen and laying down smoke is very rewarding...my team gets free looks, and shots, and I sit in the smoke and pick off incoming ships. What's not to like? Spotting, capping, laying smoke, and tossing out the occasional torpedo is value added for any team.

Tuna

My first battle in my New Orleans (retrained the captain first in my Sims).. This was my first time getting to use 'Radar' very rewarding, killed a Fubuki right off the start and then capped.
Granted, high tier in this battle.. lol. in Tier X the NO is not gonna be as much fun.  :))

Heading into C, asked the DD to rush with me but he veered off left.

no3

Fubuki in smoke, I lit him up with Radar and got 4 cap defends on him.. later finished him off.

no4

no1

no2

Hartford688

Hartford688

I must say weekends on EU server get a little tiresome from the saltiness. Too many people calling others "noobs" left, right and centre. There is a fair level of cluelessness, but at lower tiers some allowance should be given.

Today I was grinding my South Carolina in a mostly T4 match...one ranked (sunk early) loudmouth started off on noobs. Once I commented that most of the people calling others noobs were noobs themselves (I know, inflammatory) I got heaped upon by him and him friends....I was a total noob, BB with no damage, typical useless BB (not my fault if opponents can't shoot straight). Despite the fact that as a BB I was the one guy who had capped. Same ongoing commentary of my noobishness as I sank four ships, capped again and won the game as last man standing. Didn't discourage their conclusion that I had no idea what I was doing.

Most of these loudmouths are guys who rush off alone, then bleat and moan when they get spanked. Tiresome.

I need a break and some singleplayer gaming. And I know I am bleating and moaning as well. To be fair, there are also some very good and witty players out there.

Tuna

Too bad there is no way to setup team battles against friends... We tried Team Battles with friends, but we could never fill the team.. so we did horrible.