Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Nef, Hancock and I had some good battles tonight around tier VI/VII.. Think we won em all..  O0

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on July 01, 2017, 10:35:08 PM
Nef, Hancock and I had some good battles tonight around tier VI/VII.. Think we won em all..  O0

That's also the sweet spot in the Matchmaker.  Where you're not up-matched, by two tiers, 80% of the time.  O0

If you recall, I was still there for our first five wins in a row.   Were you drinking when I left?  ???

Tuna

I said "Nef"? Making me feel like Jason.. when we were playing with 2nd earlier, life wasn't as good...

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on July 02, 2017, 08:12:12 AM
I said "Nef"? Making me feel like Jason.. when we were playing with 2nd earlier, life wasn't as good...

Blame It On The Rain T9 Sky Cancer.

Destraex

Quote from: DennisS on July 01, 2017, 10:33:51 PM
Quote from: Tuna on June 09, 2017, 12:59:09 PM
What he said!...

But seriously to have a good game in a DD you have to work hard. Constantly nerfing them upsets one of the strong points of the game (balance).

I hate carriers, but I accept them for what they are, another facet to the game. You have to work as a 'team' to counter these things.

I've been enjoying cruising in BB's lately, but one thing about them, the game play itself is much easier. So the small annoyance of having to deal with DDs adds a welcome challenge to the game. Now if the situation is that your BB's are getting creamed by the DD's, then your "TEAM" is not doing a good job.

I have played wows a LOT. I'm just not good enough to effectively play destroyers. If you get too close, you're dead. If you don't get to within torp range, you're useless. The very small effective range for a destroyer is a damn difficult thing to manage, especially if you wish to keep your situational awareness on the battlefield.

My favorite are the cruisers...fast enough to run away from anything that can kill them, heavy enough to do some damage to all ship classes when you need them to.

Dennis what tier did you reach?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

"This would follow the steps below:

Starting from now we will remove the ship from sales.
All owners of GZ will be invited to provide feedback about her and to communicate with the dev team alongside with community contributors, super testers and WG employees in a special Facebook group created specifically for this purpose. This could take a while, as we believe there will be different options to try out, while it will also be the first time we try something like this. We hope that together we can get it right and make Graf Zeppelin great again.
After the balancing process is over and the finalized version of the ship goes live there will be an exclusivity period of 3 months. This means that GZ will not go on sale during this time and will only be available for these original owners.
We will also create a custom permanent camouflage for GZ, which will only be available for players who bought the original ship. Players will also be invited to take part in the creative process to figure out what this camouflage will look like.
We are sincerely sorry for this situation and for causing frustration where there should have been only satisfaction from getting a great new ship and a boatload of fun.

We're now manning all action stations to fix it and to prevent it from happening again in the future.

Signed,

Daniil Volkov, Development Director World of Warships

Alexander Nikolaev, Regional Publishing Director, World of Warships, NA

Artur Plociennik, Executive Publishing Producer, World of Warships
"

Tuna

What happened with the GZ?

Destraex

It got withdrawn from sale. It copped too much flak from youtubers.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on August 29, 2017, 08:42:06 AM

2ndACR told me everyone thought it was a turd, and people who purchased it began saying so in the Wargaming Forum.  But WG reportedly started locking threads on the topic left & right.  Which sent many people into a frenzy, and made the situation even worse.

WG also reportedly booted at least one of their official "community contributors" for telling people not to buy it, in his video review.  Which isn't the first time such a thing has happened.  Anyway, they pulled someone's extra privileges for saying it's not worth it.  Apparently the pitchforks really came out at that point.

I wasn't following this drama.  Only heard about it from someone who was.    :smiley6600:

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on August 29, 2017, 11:22:46 AM
Quote from: Tuna on August 29, 2017, 08:42:06 AM

2ndACR told me everyone thought it was a turd, and people who purchased it began saying so in the Wargaming Forum.  But WG reportedly started locking threads on the topic left & right.  Which sent many people into a frenzy, and made the situation even worse.

WG also reportedly booted at least one of their official "community contributors" for telling people not to buy it, in his video review.  Which isn't the first time such a thing has happened.  Anyway, they pulled someone's extra privileges for saying it's not worth it.  Apparently the pitchforks really came out at that point.

I wasn't following this drama.  Only heard about it from someone who was.    :smiley6600:

Was this a subversive campaign started by 2nd to get rid of Carriers!!!?

Shelldrake

AP bombs instead of torpedo planes (that would have been non-historical) seems to be the killer for GZ. I am not sure how WG is going to fix this issue.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on August 29, 2017, 02:06:21 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on August 29, 2017, 11:22:46 AM

Was this a subversive campaign started by 2nd to get rid of Carriers!!!?

If I thought it would work, I would be the subversive.   :arr:

Damn high tier carriers!   :tickedoff:

Windigo

play World of Sail then....

<:-)
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Nefaro

This big update screwed up my, and some others', game files.  Including the File Integrity Checker program.   

The updater also reportedly left ~40GB of extra update files in peoples' folders early on, but WG apparently fixed the launcher to make sure those .killme files are gone the next time it's restarted. 
:uglystupid2:

There's always a new buggy mess when WG updates.  I just hope a complete reinstall is all it needs, and nothing else but WoWS files got corrupted.  :knuppel2:

Tuna

I did the update last night, but didn't sign on to play yet.. so should wait for the next update?