Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Hahaha

Huw me? Couldn't be.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Can you imagine?  I actually formally changed my original name to Huw because of all the jokes.  And now look...

Gusington

Better to be referred to as Huw than Poo.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Here at Grogs we only make jokes about people's name's that we really appreciate. Huw OK with that?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tuna

Nef and I put a ton of hours in!

Huw the Poo

Gotta love it when someone who has already been sunk is screaming at you "do this! Do that! NO DON'T DO THAT YOU IDIOT" and then at the end of the battle you've scored three times as many points as he did.  :2funny:

DennisS

Welp...I downloaded this game from Steam, and blew away my old copy. I had about 10 ships at various levels, from 5 to 8 or so. Fun starting over. I am pretty dominant in the low levels!

Geezer

Quote from: DennisS on February 07, 2019, 10:14:06 AM
Welp...I downloaded this game from Steam, and blew away my old copy. I had about 10 ships at various levels, from 5 to 8 or so. Fun starting over. I am pretty dominant in the low levels!

Another seal clubber!   :P
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Huw the Poo

Hmm, I wonder if either of you have trolled me this week!

Huw the Poo

I played a battle last night where my entire fleet was sunk within the first five minutes.  I was still getting into position in my Nassau BB and I heard the "you are our last hope" or whatever it was and I did a double take.

But even so, they only had two ships left by the time I was sunk!  I kept destroying them with my team cheering me on in chat, and eventually I started telling the enemy team how much they suck and it was really pissing them off, hahahaha.  Good fun.

Question:  Is it just me or is the gap between T5 and T6 huge?  I keep trying to play in my T5 CA (I think it's a Königsberg) and I invariably get put in a battle where almost all other players are in a T6 and I get obliterated very quickly.

Also: Can anyone comment on my earlier question about minimum torpedo range?  I'm fed up of being raked by a CA with torps that's so close I could reach over and slap the captain across the face.

steve58

Königsberg is one of my favorite ships.  With the right signal flags (and sometimes without them), she can burn BBs to a crisp with HE.  She is, however, a light cruiser with thin amour.  Keep your distance and used the WASD hack constantly.  With her German AP, she can citadel lots of the T4-T6 cruisers.  Aim for the water line under the turrets and/or smokestacks.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Tuna

I forget, I thought they had a min range, but don't know what it was/is.. I always just made sure I knew my torps 'max' range, and tried to learn 'other ships' max range, so I could know how far to stay away if necessary.