Main Menu

Escape from Tarkov

Started by Jarhead0331, February 16, 2017, 03:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Quote from: Hofstadter on January 20, 2021, 05:57:57 AM
Ive played it, but i dont like how it literally punishes you. If you die on a scav run you have to wait 20 minutes, but you want to dive back in with PMC and get ganked quick, then you either have to use health or continue waiting.

Its pretty unfortunate, but that system just kills the game for it. What a shame.

Hey man, long time no see.

Certain Hideout upgrades reduce your Scav cooldown timer by 40%, so if you prioritise those you'll be quicker into the game again.

But I do agree that the game makes it quite a bit harder for new or low level players in relation to higher level ones. Flea Market also went from lvl 5 unlock to 10, making the early grind quite a bit harsher.
Still, being intelligent about how you move and fight (or avoid) in a Raid is very important. This is no normal shooter like CoD or Battlefield or even PUBG.
For example, a really bad habit I've developed by playing many other shooters is strafing while aiming down sight. If you do this in Tarkov your bullits will fly all over the place due to sway. Its really hard to unlearn for a lot of people, including myself.

On the other hand, progress means something in this game. That exfil with hard earned loot is so sweet. The defeat of other player characters so rewarding, BECAUSE the game makes you work hard for it.
That one gun is so desirable BECAUSE you know its expensive.

I don't want a meaningless grind to max level like in BF or CoD with some toys sprinkled along the way.
Everything you rock in EFT has meaning. Even more so because you can loose it all in a split second.

Its high risk, high reward play. Not for everyone for sure, but for now at least, it's my entertainment drug.
And yes, I am still only level 4 with about 15 hrs playtime. I get wrecked every day. Roflstomped 1 out of 2 Raids. But it's so damn glorious!  \m/ :D
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Skoop

I like the game's difficulty, makes different from other shooters.