New Weekly Column - "What's Gus Playing (This Week)?"

Started by bayonetbrant, October 02, 2017, 08:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Very good.  O0  I used that myself but it's dangerous to piss-off the Pope.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I was going bug nutty with my assassins and pissed off Hungary and they declared war. Then Novgorod jumped in as I was now a target of opportunity. Then during last night's session Venice jumped in too! But I stymied their plans by obliterating their army 👍

Martok - I may have spoke too soon about Stainless Steel's tactical AI. During several siege battles last night here I was defending, I witnessed the attacking force split their army and try to take my city from multiple points on the tactical map, in attempt to divide my defending force.

It failed, multiple times, but still...good show.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 05, 2017, 11:35:48 AM
Just out of curiosity Gus, how do you handle those damned, annoying Papal Inquisitors that wander around all over in this game? Those things are worse than a case of the crabs.  :pullhair:
Ugh.  Inquisitors shouldn't even be in the damn series; they're just too powerful.  A neat idea in concept, but they never worked very well when implemented -- or rather, they worked a little *too* well.  I hope that in Medieval 3, they're left out entirely. 

Quote from: Gusington on December 05, 2017, 02:34:03 PM
Martok - I may have spoke too soon about Stainless Steel's tactical AI. During several siege battles last night here I was defending, I witnessed the attacking force split their army and try to take my city from multiple points on the tactical map, in attempt to divide my defending force.

It failed, multiple times, but still...good show.
Thanks Gus, I appreciate the info.  Trying to take a city at multiple points is indeed an improvement. 

I did go ahead and add Medieval II (plus the Kingdoms expansion) to my Steam wishlist.  Plan to pick it up during the late/post-holiday sale.  :crazy2: 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Sir Slash

I care. Just not about.... nevermind. Great article Gus. Maybe you can get your Pike & Shot army to come-over and help you out in Poland. Just a thought.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 23, 2017, 10:57:23 AM
I care. Just not about.... nevermind. Great article Gus. Maybe you can get your Pike & Shot army to come-over and help you out in Poland. Just a thought.
Ha! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd