Upcoming Holiday Sales…what are you looking to get?

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 22, 2022, 06:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

With sales likely starting soon and if history is correct again, Matrix games will start its sale tomorrow and then steam and others will start to follow.  Not a lot on my shopping list this year so thought if people shared what they have been holding out to buy, could provide some ideas to myself and others since I would hate not to buy anything:)

For me as mentioned, not a lot on my radar, maybe some small stuff that I missed from Matrix and a couple of the air power games from wds designs when their winter sale starts.  Besides that, not a lot that I can think of at the moment.

MengJiao

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 22, 2022, 06:07:02 AM
With sales likely starting soon and if history is correct again, Matrix games will start its sale tomorrow and then steam and others will start to follow.  Not a lot on my shopping list this year so thought if people shared what they have been holding out to buy, could provide some ideas to myself and others since I would hate not to buy anything:)

For me as mentioned, not a lot on my radar, maybe some small stuff that I missed from Matrix and a couple of the air power games from wds designs when their winter sale starts.  Besides that, not a lot that I can think of at the moment.

It won't be on sale, but the upcoming CMO Falklands DLC looks interesting.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: MengJiao on November 22, 2022, 07:38:26 AM

Yeah. I was hoping it would be released so I could use my anniversary coupon at least but unlikely as well.  Is there any known release date?

MengJiao

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 22, 2022, 07:46:47 AM

Yeah. I was hoping it would be released so I could use my anniversary coupon at least but unlikely as well.  Is there any known release date?

24 nov!  Baoom!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: MengJiao on November 22, 2022, 08:08:19 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 22, 2022, 07:46:47 AM

24 nov!  Baoom!

Awesome, that works for me...

Gusington

This thread popped up at the best time....I have Pentiment and Warplanes: WWI Fighters (VR) in my cart right now...waiting.

Plus a slew of other VR titles that I am digitally fondling.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I thought I felt a tingle on my dongle this morning. This explains it. I refuse to get my hopes up again that the Holiday sales will coordinate with my wallet still having something left in it and will be worth the wait. We will see.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

This year's holiday sales do not coordinate with my wallet at all but I am determined to make it work.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

As ever, trying to resist the "It's on sale, so why not?" impulse.  I fell off that wagon with WitP:AE a few months back - realistically there's no way I'm going to ever play it.  But at least I won't be playing it for 80% less than I wouldn't be playing it at RRP I guess.

Everything I actually want will be at full price, I'm thinking.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 22, 2022, 09:26:08 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 22, 2022, 09:11:27 AM
Plus a slew of other VR titles that I am digitally fondling.

PHRASING!!  :hide:

What?

I can assure you VR is great for digital fondling.

I don't go invisible on Steam for nothing. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

W8taminute

I hear what you're saying Father Ted.  I've fallen into that trap myself a few times. 

In any case nothing on my wishlist is due to release anytime soon so I guess that means no sale purchases for me this year.  Unless I succumb to the "I really want to play something new RFN so is there anything decent on sale?" virus. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: W8taminute on November 22, 2022, 02:11:33 PM
I hear what you're saying Father Ted.  I've fallen into that trap myself a few times. 

In any case nothing on my wishlist is due to release anytime soon so I guess that means no sale purchases for me this year.  Unless I succumb to the "I really want to play something new RFN so is there anything decent on sale?" virus.

Isn't it better to pay 80% less for something you'll never get around to playing than to have the cash in your wallet but know that if you bought the thing right that instant you would have to pay more?