Main Menu

Epic?

Started by Jarhead0331, January 30, 2019, 10:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I feel that Epic finally has me by the gnads. I have held out so far and have not downloaded the client (they almost had me at Troy Total War and Mechwarrior) but now they have the new game Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood, available for 25% off, or around ~30.00. Somebody stop me before I make a mistake.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 03, 2021, 10:20:09 PM
I feel that Epic finally has me by the gnads. I have held out so far and have not downloaded the client (they almost had me at Troy Total War and Mechwarrior) but now they have the new game Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood, available for 25% off, or around ~30.00. Somebody stop me before I make a mistake.

IGN reviewed WTA giving it a 4/10. Maybe that will walk you away from the ledge?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^Perfect! Thank you.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Budget title...wait for a deep deep sale.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

steve58

WarGame Red Dragon will be the freebie on Epic from Mar 4th-11th.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Quote from: steve58 on February 25, 2021, 04:00:57 PM
WarGame Red Dragon will be the freebie on Epic from Mar 4th-11th.

Freebie is active.  Also pick up these free DLCs.

• Russian Roulette (10v10 Map)
  • The Millionth Mile
  • Second Korean War
  • Norse Dragons
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

This week's freebies are up:

Surviving Mars
  Surviving Mars - Mysteries Resupply Pack

steve58

Epic Games will lose $300 million on exclusives...and they're OK with dat.

I caved to all their freebies, but don't think I've spent more than $20 there...

Destraex

I really just cannot be bothered with EPIC. I find I just never load it, even with the freebies.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

I have been ok not downloading the client and waiting for the exclusives to make it to Steam.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Current weekly freebies on Epic are Alien: Isolation and Hand of Fate 2.

Grim.Reaper

If you like basketball, free game this week is NBA2k1...not too shabby for free.

steve58

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 20, 2021, 11:05:50 AM
If you like basketball, free game this week is NBA2k1...not too shabby for free.

...and you'll also get a $10 off $14.99 or more titles coupon good until 11:00am ET June 17th.

al_infierno

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 20, 2021, 11:05:50 AM

How is the port for this year's game?  I recall they're usually terrible.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao