WOFF Between Heaven and Hell II

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 30, 2021, 07:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

New preview video as they appear to be nearing development completion on the next next version, which has been named WOFF Between Heaven and Hell II.  No official release date yet and no information as to whether previous owners will get as an "upgrade" price or full purchase cost.  I don't mind the additional costs since they always seem like they are improving things, but I m currently one version behind right now so not sure if it makes sense to upgrade now (assuming with new version there is a discount) or just wait.

Some of the new features/enhancements includes:

- New graphic content such as new complex pilot head movements, new goggles effects etc,
- Completely revised scenery/terrain in all seasons, new towns and villages and new layouts. 
- New AI features such as formation flying with the AI in the wind to trying to hold formation
- Updated SE5a, updated Be2 series
- New inline engine animations external and internal
- New improved blurred rotary engines etc,
- New crash landing abilities due to the new damageable gear
- etc.

Jarhead0331

They burned me with Wings Over the Reich. Won't spend another dollar with them until they make good on WOTR.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 30, 2021, 07:46:27 AM
They burned me with Wings Over the Reich. Won't spend another dollar with them until they make good on WOTR.

I bought that too, never played much and don't remember the history since been so long.  But know they haven't updated it as much as WOFF.  Are you feeling burned because the game wasn't good, they promised something and hasn't been delivered, or because they don't update much?  Or all the above:)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 30, 2021, 07:50:26 AM

I bought that too, never played much and don't remember the history since been so long.  But know they haven't updated it as much as WOFF.  Are you feeling burned because the game wasn't good, they promised something and hasn't been delivered, or because they don't update much?  Or all the above:)

No updates whatsoever and it was supposed to be expanded so that it was actually...you know...Wings over the Reich.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I will probably get it but I am expecting it to be 50.00 or more.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Not sure, some of their recent releases have been between $29 and $35...so maybe some hope for a cheaper price. 

Gusington

You are my go to guy for pricing. You are always very close or spot on. If it's definitely in the 30-35 range that would be awesome. Also assuming that a copy of Combat Simulator 3 will remain a thing of the past and will be embedded in the game itself like last few releases.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Damn, I wish I was worth a flip at these games. I'm so bad I can't hit the ground when I crash.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on January 30, 2021, 10:30:16 AM
You are my go to guy for pricing. You are always very close or spot on. If it's definitely in the 30-35 range that would be awesome. Also assuming that a copy of Combat Simulator 3 will remain a thing of the past and will be embedded in the game itself like last few releases.

Cant see why the CS3 requirement would ever come back at this point.....

rustyshackleford

Agreed. I've played the hell out of WOFF over the years - it's the most immersive SP sim I have ever experienced, and I loved every minute of it.

When I heard about WOTR, I practically threw my money at them but what a disappointment. I realize they are only, what, 2 or 3 people total, but I expected a lot more support.

Gusington

I am also terrible at them, Slash. Embrace it!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Man I spent a lot of money on WoFF keeping up with the joneses.  I finally fell behind when they released their ultimate edition.  I think I had spent over $100 upgrading the game at that point and just couldn't justify another $30 or 50 or whatever it was.

I'm curious to see how this turns out and if the upgrades/differences are worth the squeeze.  WoFF is probably my favorite sim behind Falcon 4.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

I was just screwing around on YouTube tonight and came across this video.  Strange - it's only two weeks later than my last post in this thread, but I'm only now coming across it.

I have to say, this looks really, really good.  It looks very much like WoFF I, but I am totally digging the goggle effects, and there are definitely some graphics enhancements, although it's hard to put my finger on what exactly is better.

If this clocks at 35 clams or less I'm sure I'm in.  I've always loved this sim, and it is oh so much easier to get into than DCS or Falcon at this point.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

I feel like Hellshade is a Groghead, unless I'm getting him mixed up with someone else...

The_Admiral

I have nothing but admiration for the work done by the WOFF team. I suppose their mode of distribution is intimately connected to their licensing obligations towards Microsoft, which is a shame because it does kinda hamper the larger number to even be aware of this beautiful work of art. But at the very least, we're allowed to enjoy it for ourselves, and considering MP isn't a thing it is not detrimental to the core potential of the game, fortunately, beyond what could end up in more sales and revenue that is.

I wish I could see that game adapted to a new engine that would make full use of the work done and the talent showcased by everybody in the team over the years. It would definitely be up there as the ultimate experience in the genre.