Knights of Honor 2: Sovereign

Started by Anguille, August 21, 2019, 02:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Good to know gus - think we're in same boat regards what we want from the game

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on December 06, 2022, 08:55:57 PM

All the above said, I can see this becoming a go to game for me for years and 1000s of hours of gameplay. Multiple eras and the sheer amount of factions to play as really scratches multiple itches.

Don't do this to me Gus. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mbar

I looked around but did not see a tutorial campaign...did I miss it?

Tutorials are in settings. 'World Map Tutorial' and 'Tactical Battles Tutorial' are selectable. I don't have the game, just saw it on youtube.

W8taminute

Tutorials: there is an option under 'settings' in the main menu where you can turn on/off advisor tips.  If you keep the advisor tips on each time you enter a new screen in game you get a concise description via popups that tell you what the various symbols and buttons do.  The game pauses while you read the popups.  Simple but effective tutorial.

I like what I see so far as well.  KOH2 is a tad more complex than the original but not too overwhelming.  I like how buildings now have additional components to them that you can build to enhance their performance. The family tree is much more informative than the previous game with key aspects of your family clearly laid out.

Diplomatic options are presented clearly on one screen.  No more having to click multiple items to get the information you want such as relationships between countries, deals made, etc.

Haven't fought any battles yet but I'm hoping that in this game you can actually win a fight in the early game by playing it manually.  I remember in the old game you were better off to let the ai handle battles.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Thanks mbar and W8! This game really sells itself, D and if you can get it for ~30.00...I see no issues :)

'Geek have you started a game yet? I will probably start a proper game at some point in the next few days. Right now I am still in the window shopping phase for eras and factions.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 06, 2022, 11:23:40 PM

All the above said, I can see this becoming a go to game for me for years and 1000s of hours of gameplay. Multiple eras and the sheer amount of factions to play as really scratches multiple itches.

Don't do this to me Gus.

Me being stupid might benefit you.  I was in the beta of this game and didn't realize we would end up keeping the game.  And of course me being stupid, I went and purchased/redeemed another key before I knew it...so of course now I have a new key with no purpose for me.  PM me if you want to work something out.

Gusington

^Hahaha now look at what Grim just did.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 07, 2022, 11:41:38 AM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 06, 2022, 11:23:40 PM

Don't do this to me Gus.

Me being stupid might benefit you.  I was in the beta of this game and didn't realize we would end up keeping the game.  And of course me being stupid, I went and purchased/redeemed another key before I knew it...so of course now I have a new key with no purpose for me.  PM me if you want to work something out.

PM on its way.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Grim is a gentleman and a scholar!   :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Gusington

The gaming love is palpable on the board today.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Still deciding how to customize my start  :dreamer:

The choices are almost infinite.

Discovered tonight that you don't even have to start in control of a kingdom...you can start in control of just a specific province.

That all said I am 99% certain which kingdom I am going to choose for my first run and I will prefer to start in the Late Era (1360).

Here is a shot of the Late Era province map:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on December 07, 2022, 09:18:11 AM
'Geek have you started a game yet? I will probably start a proper game at some point in the next few days. Right now I am still in the window shopping phase for eras and factions.

for some reason im sat on the fence, despite saying everything everyone was complaining about is the reason i want it!

i have no doubt the game is for me - absolutely, but it came out on the same day as Dwarf Fortress and Ixion - and whilst i could happily buy all 3 i want to give one of them my undivided attention and be a slave to its moistening powers

Gusington

I understand. The sheer number of choices available at the start has kind of melted my brain.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on December 08, 2022, 07:26:12 AM
I understand. The sheer number of choices available at the start has kind of melted my brain.
I used the standard settings and chose Scotland for my first game.