Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 05, 2022, 03:05:25 PM
a Gerpard shooting down a cruise missle!   :dreamer:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1599810159236112406

The Gepards seem to have found their time and place.

Interesting 3 min long piece from Radio Free Europe talking to a Ukrainian Gepard crew. In response to ammunition shortage they say they don't need much. Only three rounds per barrel to take out a Shahed drone.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

I thought this was an interesting observation on the mix of western attitudes towards the war in Ukraine.

QuoteI'll keep saying this, GWOT poisoned a lot of wells in the military and civilian spaces. Waging wars of choice vs a war preserve your State couldn't be more different. It has skewed perspectives for many on how or if we should even support Ukraine.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

FarAway Sooner

What is GWOT?  Gus' Weiner out There?  George Washington Over-the-Top?  German-War-Ost-Theater?  Get Wales on Top?

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on December 06, 2022, 12:46:55 PM
What is GWOT?  Gus' Weiner out There?  George Washington Over-the-Top?  German-War-Ost-Theater?  Get Wales on Top?

You're missing a letter.  GWOTL - German Weapons of the Luftwaffe.  The sister game to SWOTL.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

That explains it. I was leaning toward, "Greedy Woodchucks Ordering Takeout". Where is my head?  :idiot2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bobarossa

I was thinking Grumpy Wargamers On Toilet.  That would certainly poison some wells (see original reference if you've forgotten by now).

Con

Gerbil Warriors Offending Tourists

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Right there with you Con. Nothing's more offensive than trying to tour a great museum while those little gerbil soldiers are sticking you in the ankles with their damned little spears.  >:(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

maybe get a bigger monitor.  O0

JasonPratt

Haven't had time to watch this myself yet; after work later...

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Crossroads

Quote from: Con on December 06, 2022, 06:22:30 PM
Gerbil Warriors Offending Tourists

I am aware this is a gaming forum, but stlll  a bit surprised this acronym was not widely recognized  ???

GWOT, or the Gerbils - Weaknesses - Opportunities - Threats quadrant is a popular method for assuring value for stockholders. Basically, according to method, the more gerbils a business can acquire the better it will fare against competition.  :nerd:

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY