Second Front (in Development)

Started by Jo B, August 13, 2019, 03:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo B

final version of main menu 2/3

first version  of main menu 3/3

W8taminute

^Nice!  Eagerly awaiting release date.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Barthheart

Ditto!

I like the umbrella, with the MG and radio,  in the back of the kublewagon. :D

Jo B

Hit at Range 20

Lotti Fuehrscheim

I cannot see any of these pictures.

Until a few weeks ago I could see them all, and every day I would come in here to admire them, but then they disappeared for me, and I gave up on it. Now I was just checking if they were back again, but alas, not.

I went to the page source, and there I discovered scripts that contained links to the pictures, but those links contain some mechanism that prevents displaying them under certain conditions. Maybe the wrong referral headers or something.

Anyway, I am sad about this situation.

al_infierno

They show up fine for me, but I noticed that last image seems to be linked from Facebook.  Maybe you need a Facebook account for the images hosted from there to display?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jo B

placing alternate AI gun positions in the Scenario Editor
(this one Gun starts the scenario hidden at one randomly choosen)

al_infierno

A 30-minute gameplay video showing a full scenario!   :clap:

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jo B

this first picture is firing HE aimed, the second is firing HE un-aimed.
The third picture shows the situation after the first shot. A second shot is possible but would overheat the gun. The green hex shows the target is now acquired by the first shot.
What firing option(s) you would choose? 🙂

Jo B

playing through the scenario "Crisis Hour"

Jo B

Play through Scenario Outpost

Create the Scenario

Create the map