Main Menu

C# Aurora

Started by monkex, March 05, 2020, 02:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geezer

I keep thinking of coming back to this but I've been playing Stellaris lately and that is scratching the 4X itch for me right now.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Jarhead0331

Version 2.0 of C# Aurora was released this weekend. It represents the largest update since version 1.13. Huge amount of additions and changes...if you can actually imagine that. In any event, I've started a new conventional empire and once I get a feel for the game again, I may also start a new AAR along the lines of this one....sorry this one never made it any further. Not sure why the screenshots aren't showing up.

http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=25095.0
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Geezer

Thanks for the heads up.  Might have to get back into it.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Jarhead0331

I've got a pretty good game going right now. The Sol system wasn't the richest in terms of mineral resources, but three of my nearest neighbors have proven to not only be mineral rich, but there are a number of affordable locations for colonies.

There is Proxima Centauri, where I have already establish a growing colony.

Alpha Centauri, where I've begun staging some worlds for colonization with infrastructure and where there are some interesting bodies with rather eccentric orbits.

Finally, there is Struve 2398 that has at least one good spot with a ton of Sorium. This will be a vital fuel production point for deeper expeditions into the unknown.

I'm playing it pretty smart this time and not expanding too far before I'm ready. As I find new locations for colonies, I train Garrison police battalions to maintain law and order in the new colonies and to suppress any rebellion.  I'm really  beginning to understand the Aurora ground force features and learning how to create formation templates, classes and to place them in hierarchies.

I also build Police Cutters to provide orbital security and planetary protection.  I'm keeping costs down by not putting jump drives on my vessels for now. I'm just stabilizing each jump point and transiting with conventional engines. I figure I won't really need jump drives until I'm ready to build a real war fleet. 

Of course, I've also colonized the moon and Mars, which both have thriving colonies which are supported by major civilian shipping lines.

There is something about this game that just always sucks me in.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Man...after years of playing this game off and on, it has finally happened. First contact, and they do not seem to be nice.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Tripoli

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2022, 12:04:01 PM
Man...after years of playing this game off and on, it has finally happened. First contact, and they do not seem to be nice.

You are going to need a bigger boat..... ;D
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

bobarossa

The most common alien I used to run into was a horde of tiny ships with energy weapons.  I used tons of AMM`s on them.  Hoped to eliminate enough to survive when they got into energy range.

Sparhawk

Goodness, I hope you have tons of missiles and a good missile fire control system.

GDS_Starfury

kinda surprised it took you this long.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

The long awaited 2.2.0 patch has finally been released. I've been waiting a little over a year for this one. A very long list of fixes, changes and additions.

Steve, as always, is such a stud.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog