How Many Days Could You Survive in a Zombie Apocalypse?

Started by TheCommandTent, May 23, 2012, 08:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

380 days of Zombieland sun and fun for me.
I wish there were more questions about bladed weapons. I picked a shotgun over a knife but a Claymore, broadsword, or Katana doesn't run out of ammo.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Assuming I didn't shoot myself in the head on day one, I'd last 380 days too.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

DoctorQuest

Quote from: mirth on May 23, 2012, 09:26:59 PM
Assuming I didn't shoot myself in the head on day one, I'd last 380 days too.

I'm sorry. I have to ask. Is said shooting accidental or on purpose?  :o
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

mirth

Too close to call. I could see myself deciding not to intentionally shoot myself in the head and then accidentally shooting myself while putting the gun down.

Now that I give it more thought, the 380 day estimate may be wildly optimistic.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Arctic Blast

376 days for me. I plan to spend those days obliterating the walking dead, then spending my hours away from the violence working arduously to repopulate the planet.  ;D

son_of_montfort

364, not quite a year. I'm guessing I'm too soft and have no combat training or weapons.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Martok

Apparently I'd make it only 353 days, I suspect for much the same reasons as what Monty listed. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Mr. Bigglesworth

Maybe flame-thrower would be a bad pick.
Hot damn! I always wanted to try a flame-thrower. More realistically I would go Katana and staff. My axe is a good plan B, I can swing the fibreglass axe all day.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

MikeGER

if i could just make it to Jarhead's Manison and Smuck would show up also ...it would increase 10 000+ i bet  ;D
(so i hope i am in CONUS, probably at JFK for a connecting flight when the shit hits the fan)

...when i am here i would go to a nearby mediaval castle, includes an eases to denfend Bergfried with inside-well and a museum full of hit n slay arms inside the main buildings ;) ...and the tourist restaurants nearby will provide a stockpile of food to gether and store at a safer place inside the walls)

;D

LongBlade

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Centurion40

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 24, 2012, 06:33:43 AM

No surprise there.

I got 368.  I'd help loved ones, I don't own a firearm and I need to shed a lot of weight.
Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

I ran this as if I were half my age and got 402.

There's no way survive in their estimation. I sense a Kobayashi Maru is appropriate.