Nobody Does It Better

Started by The Puss, June 05, 2012, 03:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Puss

Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Jarhead0331

Other than getting kicked out of the Continental United States during the Revolutionary War, and having its Navy and Merchant Marine decimated during the War of 1812, the armed forces of Great Britain have a lot to be proud of and deserve the respect and admiration of all.  ;D

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

The Puss

OK JH I am sure somewhere along the line we said sorry for burning the White House, just our impetuous nature.
Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Gusington

^I didn't get the note about the White House. I have seen some amazing clips of the British Military Tournament though and that almost makes up for it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Tony Blair brought down the House in 2003 when he spoke before Congress, saying this:

"On our way down here, Senator Frist was kind enough to show me the fireplace where, in 1814, the British had burnt the Congress Library. I know this is kind of late, but......sorry!"

He delivered it deadpan and I laughed until my sides ached. I would have voted for Blair at that moment if he was running on this side of the Atlantic.

Mr. Bigglesworth

It was a bit weird watching it on ABCHD.

A great show all around. I was relieved nobody tried to screw with it.

Did you see the big black circles around the eyes of Prince Philip when he was on the barge? He did not look good, smile or no. Standing out in the cold all day must be tough at 90.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598