Main Menu

I FRIDAY away

Started by Martok, February 07, 2020, 01:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Work will be busy this weekend, but I'll still find time for Warhammer II and the Empire.  Sigmar wills it!!  \m/ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Rekim

Nice pick. My favorite Alice in Chains song, and wasn't aware there was a video to go with it.

This weekend I expect to fly a sortie or two in my IL-2 BoS campaign flying the BF109F4. Also close to wrapping up an HOI4 1936 campaign playing the Italians, now in December 1946. Saturday night I'll be visiting the Red October factory to finish up an ASL scenario from the Red October HASL. Have been playing lots of Columbia Games block game Rommel in the Desert lately, and will try to line up another match in the coming days.

Gusington

Dude...DUDE.

That song really brings me back. One of my favorite bands ever. And the spirit of Layne Staley haunts me every day still.

Great choice.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Busy weekend assisting the family with the birth of our 4th Grandchild, another boy. For some reason they won't let me near the kid for long.  ::)  If I get time, it'll be some Baldur's Gate 2 EE or Pillars 2. Have a good one all.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Thank you. I like the kid already, he was just in time for Happy Hour.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Is that his name? Happy Hour Slash?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on February 07, 2020, 01:02:17 PM
Dude...DUDE.

Dude, just my usual:  HLL, DCS, World of Warships, boardgames

GroggyGrognard

Great song pick. Brings back memories of my early 20's. I haven't seen the video in like 25 years.

Looks like some Warplan and getting back into World of Warships.

Happy gaming, Grogs!

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 07, 2020, 01:10:51 PM
Busy weekend assisting the family with the birth of our 4th Grandchild, another boy. For some reason they won't let me near the kid for long.  ::)  If I get time, it'll be some Baldur's Gate 2 EE or Pillars 2. Have a good one all.  O0

Congratulations!

-budd-

OOOOOOOOO......I don't know, still feeling a bit of a gaming funk. Did start a couple of new PBEM games for FOG2 and BA. I've installed, opened, uninstalled a few games over the last few weeks. I did just install Skyrim for the third time since i've owned it, only have 9 hours into it. Going to play a woodland Elf, archer, favoring archery, one handed, and sneak. We'll see how long it holds my wavering attention.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

IICptMillerII

I had to drop by and give my vote of approval for using an Alice in Chains song. Damn I love that band (yes, including the newer stuff too)

Gaming will be quite limited for me as I'm working all through the weekend, though I'm hoping to squeeze in some Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg. I've been playing one of the campaign missions with a friend of mine which has so far been a lot of fun. Otherwise if I have some spare time I'll likely play whatever comes to mind in the moment.

Hope everyone else has a good weekend!

twitter3

Still plugging along in my Forge of Freedom game and hoping to get back into Tower of Time.

MetalDog

My favorite AiC album!  I have game night with friends tomorrow night at my house.  On the PC front, it'll be as many turns of the three FoG:E mp games I have going on.  There is a promising Civ IV:BtS game as Augustus Caesar I need to get to.  And for the first time in I can't say how long, I have a Warlock MotA game that is in doubt after ~200 turns.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

88mmkwk

Hooked up with Europa Univeralis IV and a sack of DLC's from the recent HumbleBundle deal.  This is NOT gonna be a one night stand - this gal is deep!  Going through the initial tutorials, starting to read the manuals, and tons o' YouTube video watching.  The joy of new game discovery is an endorphin rush satisfaction I hadn't had in a while, and EU4 is proving to be a joy to figure out.....Nothing like being late to the party but getting in for $17!!  :bd:
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces